Chapter twenty-one

Connor's POV

After the shorten phone call with Annabelle, I felt my blood boil in anger. Of course i should've known it had to do with Amanda, i-i just didn't want to believe it. I shook my head repeatedly before Hank chimed in.

"What did she say Connor?" He asked not knowing anything i just discussed with Annabelle. I sighed feeling gulit run through my servos.

"She was attacked at the hospital by one of the CyberLife employees. She's fine now as she is at home right now." I ran my hand through my hair stressed out. Hank only watched me with curious eyes. I sat up top on Hanks desk finding a way for us to solve the case before im sent back to CyberLife. To bulid onto that stress, Annabelle was harmed. There was only so much i could do without CyberLife on my tail.

"Oh would you look at that, its that fucker Perkins." As soon as Hank said that, i quickly stood up and glanced at him with pleading eyes. I frantically waved my arms trying to get my ponit across.

"We still have time, i just need to take a look at the evidence again. Please Hank." He sighed before slowly standing up and whispering in my ear. One hand was on my shoulder to reassure me which i deeply appreciated.

"Basement key is on my desk, fuck up and i can't help you anymore." He walked briskly past me shouting at Perkins from across the room, i quickly took the keys but of course not before seeing Hank punch Perkins in the face. As i was hurring to the door i was stopped by none other than detective Reed.

"Hey tin can, where you going?" I tuned around not in the mood for banter but still responded to him. It would be quite rude to not respond.

"Im just here to registered evidence in my name, then im going to leave. Though, im certainly am going to miss our bromance." I didn't flench as Gavim pulled out his pistol pressing it up against my for head, i only stared at him completely unphased. Actually more annoyed than anything.

"Pkooww, haha." He faked a gun shot and laughed his annoying laugh, i stood there giving him a fake smile out of irritation.

"Whatever tin can, but just to warn you, i heard androids are just burning up these days. I would watch out if i were you." He stalked out the basement hall leaving me with the deafening silence. I hurried and unlocked the door to spot a single console hanging out in the middle of the room. There was no time to lose.

"Damn it, what would a eccentric police lieutenant pick for a password." Immediately after saying that, a idea popped into me head. I hurried and type it in only for it to open up easliy. Wow.

"Obviously." I pulled up the evidence observing the pieces of evidence Hank and I gather this week.

"Okay, i have to find jericho."

___________________________________

Annabelle's POV

"What are you doing?!" I grabbed my crutches limping my way to the door only for it to be blocked my Tyler.

"Move aside, I need to go somewhere."  He stood still resting his hand on my chest to push my slightly back. But being persistent, I keep trying.

"I can't let you go out in these conditions." He frowned at my efforts. I rolled my eyes and just sighed before explainning to him i have little time to talk.

"If it makes you feel better, then come with me, hell i dont care. I just need to get to the DPD. I know something." Tyler stood there for a minute and soon darted off to get something, i moved toward the door waiting fod Tyler to get back.

"Wear this, its pretty cold outside." I nodded throwing on the black wool coat and buttoning it up. I walked to the car using my crutches and got into the passenger seat of the car. Tyler climb in with my car keys at hand aand started up my car.

"We are going to the DPD. We have to get there quickly." Tyler nodded and immediately pulled out the drive way and onto the main road.

_________________________________

Hank's POV

I was immediately thrown in a holding cell but something in my gut told me Connor did the right thing, i just hope he got out the station in time. I sat there but was graced by the presence of Annabelle herself. She was leaning tiredly against her crutches as she unlocked my cell.

"You're gonna get yourself fired if you let me out." She held her hand out as a sign for me to stop talking for a second. Her android appearned next to her holding her up for more support.

"Where is Connor?" I left the cell and we three hurried out the DPD. As we were walking, i informed her that Connor was gone.

"He left awhile ago, I don't know what his plan is but i trust him to make the righg desicion." She smiled at me before hoping in the car with me.

"Tyler, i need you to go back home now." I watched her talk to the android curious about their situation.

"Are you serious?!" She shushed him by opening the passenger side door and hugging him affectionately.

"Ill be careful alright but i really need you to stay here. Do it for me, okay?" She let go of him and he nodded his hand.

"Alright, ill stay but you better come home tonight." She smiled and i almost felt guilty i had to interrupt the sappy moment.

"Alright, alright. We are running out of time." She quickly closed the door and i sped off in the direction of my home to pick up a couple of things.

"I have to go pick up my gun, i didn't bring it with me today." I simply commented keeping her updated but she seemed to be in deep thought.

"You think Connor is at CyberLife?"