Chapter nineteen

Annabelle's POV

Its been one week and here and there i would get visits from Connor and Hank but they always left early for invesitgations. My eyes were trained on the window leading to the outside. I was bored and found myself playing with the fabric of the comforter on my bed. The snow was so beautiful and it sucked i had to stay inside and lay down in a blinding white room. It was all my fault that i slowed the invesitgation down. I sighed again before one of the hosiptal nurses pushed opened the door leading to my room.

"How are you feeling Miss Brous?" She walked across the room finding a office chair to sit down in. In her hand was a clip board and a fountain tipped pen. Something was off about her and being the observant person i am, i knew that wasn't the hosiptal uniform. Her uniform wasnt a dark blue but a pale green. I kept my guard up ready to move if need be.

"Im quite fine, when will i be discharged?" I shot back with a question of my own, with my brown eyes on her figure. I felt my phone under my bed sheets and moved my hand to unlock it.

"What will i be eating, im really hungry." I added trying to distract her from my hands moving under the covers. It was a good thing i memorized where everything on my phone was. I quickly moved toward text messages and clicked on Tylers contact. I quickly texted him my address in hopes he would find this sudden information urgent.

"You know, you have cost Cyberlife a lot of time you know." I clenched my covers ready for her to blow her cover. She continued on her little monologue removing something from her pocket slowly but discretely.

"What do you want." I clenched my phone praying to any god out there to send someone. I wasn't ready to die, i won't let myself die and if i do, ill die fighting.

"You know what i mean, Annebelle. You keep getting in the way of Connor's thought process. Im simply here to "take out the trash" on behalf of Amanda." I smirked and somewhat laughed at this sad excuse of a assassin. When she said that, my mood did a 180. Assassins disclose there boss before they kill the victim, they might survive.

"You know, Connor isn't a machine. He is so much more than that but he is bounded down by CyberLife. Don't you see that CyberLife is the problem just lis-" she cut me off by pulling a pistol out her pocket. I noticed it was put on safety meaning she was going to bluff first. That should give me some time.

"S-shut up, you think you're so fucking tough but in reality you're a coward. If i eliminate you now, CyberLife would have no more problems solving the deviant cases. After you, Anderson is next." Her hand flicked the safety off and pointed the gun straight to my head. For some odd reason, i felt peaceful and not stressed. I didn't flench at all keeping my eyes trained on her.

"I only have one thing to say before you shoot." The assassin groaned before yelling a what. I smirked giving her an all knowing glint in my eye.

"Surprise!" I ducked before Tyler forced her into a head lock. I hurried and moved my good leg to kick her in stomach dropping her to her knees. I smiled at the ground then back up to Tyler who stood there holding her down with his foot. He quickly pressed a pressure point on her neck causing her to go unconscious.

"Thank god you got here on time! I legit thought i was going to die." I sorta joked trying to lighten up the mood but Tyler looked more annoyed. I nervously smiled and he only squinted his eyes.

"You have a lot to explain, im taking you home." I eyed my leg and glanced back at him shrugging. That's when he picked me up and gave me a piggy back ride to the lobby.

"Miss where are you going?" One of the receptionist tried to stop us but were to no avail.

"Im going home, ill be fine. Ill pay you guys later." I gave a cheeky smile before leaving the hospital. She seemed confused but didn't try to stop me. It was probably Tyler's pissed off face that stopped her.

_______________________________

Tyler carefully lowered my body on my couch and placed my wrapped leg on to pillows on the couch. I quietly thanked him closing my eyes for a bit trying to figure out what i just went through. Tyler decided to speak up breaking the calming silence.

"I think you need to stay away from Connor. More specifically, the whole detective job." I frown not wanting to hear anything of this at the moment. I already got lectured by Hank and Connor, i dont need anymore.

"You don't have to worry, im fine now. That's just apart of being a detective. It has its ups and downs." I kept my eyes close, far too lazy to open them up.

"Annabelle." My eyes opened at the call of my name, he never uses my full first name.

"You need to quit your job, i care about you more than some fucking reputation you have!" He clenched and unclenched his hands startling me a bit.

"I can't just quit, not when im so close to solving this case! You're never like this after any other cases ive done, why are you like this now!" I slightly raised my voice matching the volume of his voice. The air was tense and uncomforable. I sat up in my spot using my elbows to support my frail body.

"Are you jealous of Connor or something. If you have something to say then say it!" As i continued to talk i found myself getting louder and louder with every word. I wasn't liking this conversation at all. Every since Connor came into the story, Tyler was acting quite defensive of me, more than usual.

"Its because i have fucking feelings for you!" His voice was louder than ever. I froze stunned at his response. I didn't know what to do, what to look for, or anything for once. His hands wrapped around his mouth tightly and his eyes were widen, violently flickering red was his LED. There was a deafening silence. I felt gulity for not returning the feelings back to him.

"I-I didn't know. Im sorry but i only see you as a brother."