Chapter four

"Of course, androids are suppose to be smart." She tucked her hair behind her ear with her black gloved hand. I stared, captivated.

"Woah woah woah, slow down. Can you explain that again?" Anderson sat down in his office chair as Miss Brous clasp her hands together.

"What i am saying is that there is a default android model made by every company but each have little details to decipher the companies." She paused then continued.

" Even without the skin, we can tell which company made which android." Her eyes darted to me before a smirk reached her lips.

"You're made by the cyberlife company, correct?" I nodded wanting to hear what more she had to say.

"Cyberlife probably has different biocomponets they use unlike companies like AvAndroids and DetroitDroids. That is what i am saying." She sat down in the empty chair next to Anderson. Anderson sat there completely amazed by her skills as was I.

"Jesus, you've gotten more observent over the years. I remember when you were nine that you weren't interested in detective work, but you have become quite the protagé." He smiled for once, a genuine smile.

"Lieutenant, Miss Brous, would you like some coffee. I can tell you're very drowsy Miss Brous." She smiled at me whispering a thank you. I made my way towards the break room only to hear two deputies talking about me. I turned around noticing them and introducing myself again even thought they know who i am.

"Oh lookie here, the plastic toy came back. Oi, what do you want now." I felt my led flash a yellow color and Immediately back to the normal blue color. I blinked.

"Im here to make coffee for Mrs. Brous and Lieutenant Anderson." I left them alone but i couldnt help but over hear a few of there comments.

"Ana is here? I wonder if shes got a boyfriend yet, how can such a pretty girl not sleep around." I stopped pouring the coffee feeling...defensive for some reason. I slammed the coffee cup down before turning around to face them.

"I'll advise you stop talking about Miss Brous in such sexual ways." There was a little bite at the end of my sentence really setting the tone. They stopped talking before one of them, known as Gavin, stood up. He paced over to me trying to make me intimidated. I stood still holding my pervious statement important.

"What did you say tin can?" He pushed me back a bit before i stood taller than ever.

"You know what i said." I spat back with malice and turned around to take Lieutenant and Miss Brous their  coffee. I approuched them and Miss Brous gave me a worry look.

"It took you awhile, did something happen?" She asked with her eyebrows in a furrow. I reasurred her.

"Nothing happened. Please enjoy your coffee." Anderson turned his attention back to Miss Brous resting his hands in his lap.

"I believe the android that broadcasted the speech is made my AVandroids. Their brand of androids are really expensive so mostly upper class have them." She rested her fingers on the bottom of her chin and soon her eyes lid up.

"I have an android model called Gk700, his name is Tyler. He was made by AVandroids, i can see if he knows anything about software problems. Speaking of Tyler, i couldnt bring him today since i didnt have room in my car." For some reason i felt slightly jealous for her having a male android.

"I packed my boxes in my car, ill be back so we can get to know eachother. " before she could leave, i grabbed her jacket sleeve. She turned around caught off guard from my action.

"I insist that i come with you to help." I let go of her sleeve and she rested her arm by her side. She sighed before motioning for me to follow her. I followed in silence to see her unlock her 2024 jeep. It was black and quite old. Boxes filled the back seat and a couple of other things such documents where there.

"Can you carry two boxes?" She asked me and she took another two boxes into her hands. Her legs started to wobble but i held onto her shoulder.

"Let me take those, Miss Brous." She smiled and handed me the two boxes while she grabbed the last box and we both headed to the offices. Anderson was in the same spot we left listening to his metal music.

"Gee, he still listens to that stuff." She whispered to herself before putting her things on the empty desk near by, I did the same.

"Miss Brous, can i ask you a question?" She nodded her head and i proceeded. I fixed my tie noticing how cricked it was from the incident earlier.

"I was curious about how you got your title as one of the best detectives in the nation." I gazed somewhere else awaiting her response.

"As a little girl, i was very observant. I didnt know a lot of people and i was quite shy, i still am. At first i didnt like the idea of becoming a detective but as i got older, i developed a knack for it." She huffed and sat down making eye contact with me.

"I was a people watcher, i watched how people interacted, how they responded to a situation and other things. When i was around 11, i solved a murder case that not even the heads of the police deparment could. Thats how people started to find me out. I started young and bulit up my reputation." Thats when she proposed her question of her own.

"Connor, tell me about yourself. Ive never seen your model before." She leant forward showing how intrigued she was. Her hands held up her chin and her eyes where half lidded like she was tired.

"I was created by CyberLife to help catch deivant androids. Im only a prototype model so there is only one of me that i know of." I spoke observing her. It was like she was struggling to stay awake. Her body would go limp and she would wake up.

"Ma'am, are you alright?"