CHAPTER IX: HOUSE OF CARDS

Y/N POV
Three days have past already and it is now time for my parents to go back to there work. Me and my Uncle accompany them to the airport, after that, we ate dinner on our way home and once we got back to my Uncle's place, someone immediately called him and it's obviously about work. So I went up to my room to change and get some rest. While laying in my bed I started talking to myself.

"10 more days till I go back to my home, but I still can't forget about that night. That night when I first met him. He's just so unrealistic. I wonder if I would meet Jungkook again." I said hopefully.

I was about to sleep when my Uncle knock on my door.

"Y/N?"

"Yes Uncle?" I replied while opening the door in my room.

"I need to talk to you for a minute." he said.

"What is it all about?"

"Well, you see, something happened, so I'm gonna be busy and I kinda need to go to L.A. to fix the problem of our company. I think I'm gonna be out for a week long" he said while feeling guilty of leaving me.

"Wait-- What? So y-you're gonna leave me here for a week?" I widened my eyes thinking how would I survive at his place alone, without anyone to guide or accompany me.

"I'm very sorry Y/N! I know you can understand my situation, and don't worry you won't be alone and you won't be staying here. You will be staying at my friend's house, I already told her that you need to stay there for a while so that someone can guide you. She said she's looking forward to meet you." he said assuring me.

I sigh deeply in relief. "Okay, I understand Uncle, take care on your trip."

"Thank you, don't worry, I'm gonna buy something for you in L.A. I'm gonna go sleep now. Good night!" he said while closing the door.

"Good night to you too." I replied and started to get some sleep but he opened the door again.

"Wait, I almost forgot, you need to pack your bags now because we're leaving tomorrow." he added.

"Tomorrow?" I replied with a shook face.

"Yes, Good night! Hihihi" he laughed a bit after seeing my shook face then closed the door of my room.

"But I want to sleep now." I said while getting off the bed with a frowning face. I don't have a choice so I started packing my things.

While packing my stuff, I played a BTS song again. Crystal snow is playing when I saw a picture of me, my parents and the whole family when I was 7, and I realized something.

"I already received the best gift ever a long time ago, and it's them. I'm very blessed to have such loving and caring family. I miss my lolo and lola."

A long with the first picture is a baby picture of me with my mother and her friend holding her child. I look so cute and chubby, well, I'm still cute but way prettier . I said to myself.

After packing something caught my eye, I look outside the window and I saw the same guy last time at the play ground. Well I just assumed it's the same guy since his wearing the same cap and mask. But I still can't see his face clearly.

"Never mind, I'll just sleep." I lay down and dozed off.

Author POV
Early in the morning, you and your Uncle went to his "friend's" house to drop you off. When you got there you were surprise of how big the house of his friend and when the front door opened, a maid greeted you two then you both enter the house.

"Woooow! Daebak! This is so big!" you said while you were analyzing every detail of the house.

"Oh you must be Y/N, it's nice to finally meet you." a lady appeared going down the stairs with a bright smile on her face. She's stunning, her curves are on the right places and she's very pretty.

Y/N POV
"Oh, annyeonghaseyo" I said politely and bow my head.

"Hi my dear, my name is Jung Han Kyo, but you can call me Auntie" she said while hugging me.

"Auntie?" I got curious and turned my head to my Uncle, then I saw his ears turned into red and he got a bit shy.

"Yes, yes" she nod her head.

"Aaah, I understand now hihihi" I chuckled a bit after knowing what was happening between the two.

"Ahmm, I need to go now, I'm gonna be late. Thank you for letting my niece stay at your house. I owe you one." he said while kissing the lady on the cheeks.

"Your gonna leave already? But you just got here." she said while pouting.

"I know Jagi but I know you can understand me." he kissed her again, but this time its a gentle kiss on the forehead. Then they hugged each other tight.

"Just treat me dinner when you get back, okay?"

"Okay! Good bye! I need to leave now." he replied while getting out of the door.

"Woah! Did I just watched a romantic movie? The scene I just saw gave me chills." I murmured a bit while looking at the couple parting their ways.

After Uncle left the house Auntie explained to me how many rooms there are in this house and showed me the room I'm going to stay in. That is how I realize how big this house is, it has 6 rooms including the room I'm gonna stay in, 4 rooms in the second floor and 2 on the 1st floor. The doors also have pass codes before you can enter it.

"So, this is going to be your room for a while, if you need anything, you can ask the maids or even me, okay? Don't worry we're gonna take good care of you here." she said giving me a sweet smile.

"By the way, the maids don't sleep here, they go home at 8pm, and one more thing, your passcode is 1227"

I nod my head and she left the room. She's a very sweet lady, she even have a good looking face, she's polite too and I'm sure she takes good care of my Uncle. I see now why my uncle fell in love with her.

I sat on my bed and started unpacking my things. After that, I went out of my room and started exploring around the house. I got more amazed seeing their garden with a fountain and a wide swimming pool in the back yard.

"Wow! They even have a pool."

After roaming around the house I noticed something strange. In some corner of the house, there are four cards. I wonder why, I guess I just have to ask Auntie about this.

I got tired and went back to my room. Hours passed and it's dinner time, the maid called me to go down to eat with auntie.

-During dinner-
My eyes were glittering seeing so many foods in front of me. I've never been so happy, I can't wait to devour this dishes.

"You seem to llike food very much" She said while smiling widely at me.

"Uhm- yes! Haha! I hear that a lot." I agreed showing her my grinning face.

"Well, what are you waiting for? Don't be shy! It's all for you my future niece." she said in a funny way, then we both laugh and started eating.

"Thank you for the food Auntie!" I said after finishing dinner.

I was about to go upstairs, but I remember about the cards.

"Auntie"

"Yes Y/N?"

"Can I ask you something about the house?"

"Sure! What about it?"

"I noticed that there are cards in some corner of the house. Why is that?"

She walk to me and whispered.
"Oh, the cards play a very important role in this house, it reminds us and keep us safe."

"I don't get it Auntie."

She laughed seeing my reaction. "I'm just kidding, I like cards a lot so I displayed some of it in my house. To be honest, I hove a house of cards in my room."

"Ooh! Okay Auntie, I should sleep now. Good night."

Then we decided to go to our rooms. I went upstairs, brushed my teeth, washed up my body and face. I saw two doors on the bathroom, one directed to my room, and the other one to the room on my right.

I lay on my bed, I got tired and sleepy when I suddenly heard the door bell rang and the maids greeted the people who came, then I doze off to sleep.