Chapter Twenty

JACE'S POV

The first thing I remember waking up was the horrible pain on my right side. Well that, and how everything I saw was fading in and out and was blurry.  I tried sitting up but the pain was too immense. I had no idea where I was because everything was a fady blur.

I felt a slender hand grasp my own and made out a muffled

"Jace...up...wake up...Jace"

I groaned in response. My vision was able to revive a little bit knowing someone was in wherever I was. I heard a chair slide closer and took in its detail. It was a weirdly shaped chair with cute pink flower stickers on it. Shit man whatever drugs I was on was putting me outa wack.

It was then that I noticed Nina sitting in the chair. My eyes began to open all the way and I took in the room. It wasn't a hospital, but someone's bedroom. "Where am I?" I managed to croak out

"Take it easy there Jace, listen you're at my house in my little sisters bedroom okay?"

"Skylar, where is she?" I coughed and felt like my lungs were on fire.

Nina only looked down.

"Nina."

"She's here." Her eyes shifted to look at anything but me.

That was all I needed to hear. I fought through the pain and sat up, swinging my legs over the side of the small bed.

"Jace what are you doing, you need to rest. I don't think-"

"What I need," I coughed "is to see her. Now."

She didn't try to stop me as I brushed past her. She pointed to the door across from mine.

My heart was pounding fast as I turned the knob and pushed the squeaky door past. She was lying in there asleep. Sierra was on her phone next to her and looked at me as I walked in.

"What happened to her how is she what's going on?"

"Shhhh slow down. Here have a seat" She patted the chair next to her.

"Good news for you, Skylar wasn't hurt. She was passed out by chloroform or whatever you call it by Ricky. She is going to be fine but she needs to rest." She glances down.

"What about her mom, does she know?"

"I texted her mom from her phone, she should be here soon."

I thought about Demi, Jade and Nala.

"What about-"

"I've already contacted them. Demi is riding with her mom while Nala and Jade stay back and wait for her at her house. Jace if there is anything you need to worry about its you."

I thought about that. And she was right. Mom had always said something like- "HOLY FUCKING SHIT!" I coughed tremendously after screaming that.

"Jace!" She started to pat my back, but realized I was hurt there too and stopped.

"I'm fine, it's just my mom I have to go see her." But I didn't want to leave Skylar.

"Hey, it's okay. Go and check on your mom then swing by Skylar's house alright?"

"Fucking Christ. I'm going to kill Ricky."

"You got a few hits in, don't worry."

"A few hits is not enough for me." I looked at Sky. She was sleeping peacefully in the bed, like nothing had happened. It took every ounce of self control left in me to let Nina drive me home without her.

xoxo small update, but it's better than no update right? love you guys!! (: