chapter 17

SKYLAR'S POV

Jace led me to his car and opened the door for me. I tried to say thank you but it didn't come out right because I was really nervous so I just nodded my head. And now that I think about it that didn't make any sense. I mentally slap myself for that. He just makes me so nervous, I don't understand what it is.

"Did you hear me?"

Holy Shit he was talking the entire time? I have a way of zoning out on people, completely oblivious to the fact that they're talking. I get completely consumed in my own thoughts, I just don't pay attention to the world.

"Uh, no actually sorry." I smoothed out my dress and looked at him. He only laughed.

"I was talking about the party. I asked you if you were nervous."

Yes of course I'm nervous. I'm going to a PARTY with a guy I barley know but have kissed a lot. What has gotten into me? "No of course not"

"Right you have me." He smiled "Hey is this your first party?"

Yes "No, I'm not that antisocial." Oh but I am....

He chuckles "Okay good, so you know how the guys will be. And you know not to go near the alcohol. These bastards always spike the drinks, so steer clear."

I nod and look out the window to see a gorgeous house. It's three stories and Jace says they have a basement too. The house looks very modern but still has a little old charm to it. I notice that they also have a pool in the back.

The music is already blaring and there are a few people outside. None of them look like soccer players, but who am I to judge? Jace puts his hand on the small of my back and leads me inside the house. As soon as we step inside I want to step out.

I can barley hear myself think over the music and there must be around a hundred people only in this... what looks like a living area.

"How many people do you think are here?" I ask him over the music

"A few hundred." He says looking around.

"All soccer players, huh?"

He gives me the sorry grin and I laugh it off. Nothing to worry about. There is absolutely nothing to worry about.

A kid from my chemistry class comes up to Jace and whispers in his ear. His smile quickly turns into a look of worry as he scans the room. I'm about to ask what's going on when Nina comes up to me.

"Hey Hey Hey!!!" She says, clearly drunk

I stare at her short, blue, dress and immediately worry about her.

"Nina how many drinks have you had?"

"Idunno justlike sevenandsix" Her words are slurred.

"That made no sense, you need to sit down." I scan the room for a couch and find an empty one near the window of the living room.

"Skylar, I'll be right back I need to go talk with someone real quick." his face is different, more serious looking.

"Okay I'm going to help Nina"

"Remember what I told you about the drinks, okay?"

"Okay, will-" But he just turns with the other kid and leaves.

Okayyy then.

"Come on Nina." I sling her arm over my shoulder and help her to the brown leather couch.

She falls on it with a plop and I sit next to her. She starts to talk about random things and I zone off.

The music is thumping and wasted teenagers are grinding on each other like it's mating season. A lot of them go upstairs and I can only imagine where that will end up.

"Skylar?"

I whip my head towards her "Yea?"

"You need to try the drink, it's reallyyyyy good."

I sigh. "I know Nina you told me already"

I tuck a piece of my brown hair behind my ear and search the crowd for Jace. I see Sierra and say "Hey watch Nina for a second"

"Why?"

"She's drunk and I need to find someone"

"Who and wh-"

"Thanks"

I brush past her and weave through the sweaty bodies. I almost make it to the kitchen before some jerk off grabs my arm and starts dancing on me. I yank my arm out of his grasp and tell him to get off..

"Why don't you make me?" His breath smells like alcohol and I gag.

This is not going to end well.

AN yea so its been awhile. when summer comes I'll update a lot more often. but until then please bare with me (: love you all