Chapter Four

I quickly remind myself that he is a player, so I will be ready for whatever is about to happen next. He jogs his way over to me and I try to play it cool, but my voice just comes out cold.

"What?"

He looks taken aback, but quickly collects himself "Where are you going? I mean, I've never seen you after school before. Sorry about what happened back there, I was just messing around"

Did he just say sorry?

I decided to ignore most of what he said and say,  "Soccer practice"

We make our way down the big blue stairs and into the C lobby. Outside the C lobby is a road and across the road is the football stadium, where our practice is held. I'm making my way into the girls bathroom before he stops me with another question.

"I didn't know you played." It seems like he says this more to himself than me. I take a step back, but he stops me again.

"Wait there is no soccer practice, tryouts are on Friday."

I assume he's not going to let me go change for a while so I go ahead and begin with my hair.

"It's just a bunch of us screwing around with the ball before tryouts. Kinda like pre-practice." I say as I pull the hair tie out, letting my hair fall out of its bun.

"Oh, then you won't mind if I'm there, right?"

I rake my fingers through my hair, and his eyes widen.

"Don't you have something you're here for already?"

"I'd take soccer over tutoring any day. I'd take soccer over just about anything." He has a very serious look on his face, and I know if I say no, he'll just show up anyway.

So I dodge his statement and ask "How do you know my name?"

"How do you know mine?" he retorts

"I don't" I lie.

His brows furrow "Oh, well I'm Jace."

He sticks out his hand, and I eye it like its a snake. I take it anyway, despite whatever he's done with it.

Gross.

"Skylar"

"I know" he laughs

"I need to go change now, do you have cleats?" I already know he doesn't

"Okay, and yah I have some in my locker."

Well forget that then.

"Huh?"

"I always bring some with me, just in case you know?"

"No, but whatever"

"Meet me on the field in ten?"

"Practice doesn't start for another hour though"

"I know." He looks at me with those chocolate brown eyes that I've been slowly trying to hate, and fall for it anyway.

"Fine."

He grins at me, and pushes through the doors to go to the stadium.

 I shake my head and smile as I go into the ladies room. Maybe Jade is right. I mean he is attractive, but I just have to keep my guard up.

As I pull my hair into a pony and slide on my shorts, an idea hits me. After all the girls he's played, maybe I could play him. Maybe I could give him a taste of his own medicine.

But then I think maybe not, because I'd probably end up falling for him like all of the other skanks at this school. I can't wait until Friday because I'm going to Jade's house to work on our awesome plan to get back at stupid skank.

I stand up and check myself out in the mirror. I have a white tee on, black shorts, and my white cleats. Completed with black shin guards and soccer socks, I'm ready to go.

I walk out of the bathroom and into another human being, causing me to fall flat on my ass. How many times is this going to happen in one day?

I look up and it's Luke.

He blushes and helps me up. "Sorry, about that. Are you going to practice?"

I smile and say "It was my fault, but yeah I am."

"I heard Jace was coming today too."

"How'd you know that?"

"He texted me, and he told me to tell you to get your butt down there."

We both laugh and he rubs the back of his neck.

"So what did you think of the math test?" he asks, lamely

I completely forgot he was in my math class.

"I thought it was pretty easy"

"Really? I suck at math. I'm pretty sure I failed it." he blushes even more before asking, "Do you think maybe you could help me?"

He wants me to help him? SPEAK SKYLAR. SAY SOMETHING.

My heart is pounding. He is so cute. I can't think of words.

His eyes soften "I mean you don't have to.. I was jus-"

I quickly cut him off, finally clearing my head "No, no that's fine, I'd love to. What period do you have lunch?"

His eyes grow and he smiles "Really? That'd be great, and I have it fourth period."

We agreed to meet up and we exchanged numbers.

I'm so excited as I look at the clock and freeze. I've been up here for thirty minutes, and Jace has been waiting on me.

Crap.

I run out the doors and onto the field, and fortunately he's still there.

(A/N: Hey guys, I really appreciate all of the reads and votes! I'm going to put pictures up of the characters/cast so you have a better picture of them. If you don't like them then make them up yourself! I don't know if you can see them on the app, but you should be able to see it on the web. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING I LOVE YOU GUYS! Please spread the word about this book, and comment. I love to hear what you have to say :) have a great spring break :D  )