Chapter Twelve

SKYLAR'S POV

By the time practice was over I was changed and headed to my car to meet up at Demi's. I couldn't help but think of how Jace pulled me into him like that. That thought of it now sends shivers down my spine. It just felt...right. It's killing me to know what he was going to say, and my thoughts drift off to how his lips would have felt on mine if Nina hadn't had interrupted us.

It was so unexpected, too. I pulled into Demi's driveway and see everyone there when I walk inside.

"Hey Skylar, how was practice?" Demi asked not looking up from her phone.

"Um it was um-" I didn't really know if I should tell them what happened or not.

Jade walks in from the kitchen with a bag of hot cheetos in her hand. "Hey Skylar" She looks up at me "Woah."

"What?"

Demi looks up from her phone just as Nala walks in the front door.

"Your face" Jade says

"What about her face?" asks Nala as she sets her stuff down to come look at me.

Nala looks at me and then grins at Jade.

"Spill it. What happened at practice?" Demi asks.

I guess I couldn't hide it. "What are you guys talking about?"

"You have a glow on your face, now spill it." Nala says, grinning

I catch them up on what had happened between Jace and I.

"So your telling me, that he tried to kiss you?" Demi asks

"Aw look she's blushing"  Jade points out, making me bury my face in my hands.

"I think that's what he was going in for. I mean we were literally this close." I say emphasizing with my fingers.

"Wow, so now you really have to go to that party! Let's go get you a smokin' hot dress" Nala says.

"Oh, Lord." I say and we all head out to our cars.

***********

Three hours and countless dresses later we were all at some random dress shop in the mall.

"Guys, I'm exhausted. This is the last store, if we don't find something here I'm not going."

They all call me a wimp but they weren't at soccer practice for two hours. We all split up and I go into the back of the store. I slide the clothes on the rack to the side when I see a dress that catches my eye. It's a simple, strapless, black dress. I try it on in the fitting room and it looks....well, sexy to say the least. It's so simple, but it really shows off my curves. As I come out of the dressing room my friends are waiting for me.

"I think this is the one you guys."

They all just stare at me.  Demi is the first to speak. "Damn right it is. Let's go pay and-"

Suddenly my phone is ringing and I step in the room to go get it. It's Jace.

He calls and starts rambling about how he didn't know who else to call. I ask if he's alright and he say as he doesn't know.

"Do...Um...you want me to...Uh" I wonder if he wants me to come over but I don't want it to be awkward. Which is exactly what I'm making it.

"Yes" he answers a little to quickly.

I tell him to text me the address and we hang up.

"Skylar who was that?" Jade asks through the door.

I begin to step out of my dress and say "Jace"

"What'd he say?"

"I don't know really, he sounded frazzled and asked me to come over."

"Oooooohh girl you better get some!" Nala says

I laugh "Oh, Nala"

We check out and I promise to tell them everything when I get home after going to Jace's.

"Don't forget to come to my house before the party!" Demi calls out.

We all say our goodbyes and next thing I know I'm in Jace's neighborhood. I send him a quick text letting him know I'm in the neighborhood and he says he'll be waiting for me outside. My stomach is flip floping in the good way and I smile. I hope he's alright.

(A/N: all I'm going to say is wait for next chapter. :) I literally can not wait to write it! please vote and comment! Love you guys! (:  )