Chapter 35

Beep Beep Beep

My eyes groggily opened. My head was pounding and soon the pain fell into the same pattern as the sounds that blared into my ears. All I saw was darkness, and then, when I turned my head, there was the son of a gun going off in every color of the rainbow.

My hand shot out for the phone. I hit the green button and held it to my ear. "What?" I croaked.

"Alexa? Baby, I've been looking all over for you-" a voice slurred. "Come heree."

I crinkled my eyebrows. "Who is this?"

The voice snorted. "Come on sweet babyy, it's yo daddyyy talking."

I pulled back the phone to see what time it was. Two am. I put it back up against my ear. There was only one plausible guess in my mind because Seth was still grounded for skipping half of school. "Blake?"

"The one and only," the voice hiccuped.

"Blake, it's Monday night," I admonished in disbelief. "What the hell are you doing that you are getting drunk on a Monday night at two am?"

"Getting drunk?" The voice laughed breezily. "I'm already drunk. Oh, which is why I called you, mommyyy."

"I am not your mom. Lord help that woman if she saw you like this."

"X, I need a ride home."

I made a face at the phone. "X?"

"Well," Blake laughed, "your name is Alexa. It shortens to Lex, and X just sounds more badass."

I sighed, ignoring that disposable nickname for now. "You know I can't drive. I don't have my license."

"You have your permit."

"That does not count."

"X, please," he whined.

My fingers drummed against the back of the phone in deep thought. "Seriously, there is nobody else you can call to come get you?" I asked irritatedly.

"Nope," he popped the p, "they are all heree. Except for Reagan but she's mad at me because I didn't kiss her when she cornered me in the locker room after practice."

I rolled my eyes. Typical. But even drunk, he can make my heart melt, or at least act like a drunk gentleman. I guess that counts for something. "Send me where you are at and I'll be there in ten," I sighed.

"Yayyy! Love you X," Blake grinned.

"Get yourself some water," I shot back and then hung up the phone promptly.

Gah, I can't believe I'm doing this.

Slowly, I drug myself out of bed to find my slippers. I was still in my usual sports bra and spandex shorts, but I wasn't going to change any of that just for him. I was way too comfortable to do any of that. Besides, I wasn't going to be getting out of the car, not in the middle of a drunk party of bruins.

I crept out of my room and over to Seth's room. It was cracked open because my parents were sick of him locking it so I couldn't wake him up. Without even having to step foot in his room I was able to grab his car's keys off the top of his dresser. I was going to have to drive his truck because my mom and dad's cars were ten times more expensive than his.

I then made my way downstairs and to the garage. My father's car was missing because he would be working the ER until the morning, so backing out of the garage just became a little easier.