Chapter 19

It took some begging, and kissing, but I convinced Blake to take me back to my house. I had no desire to spend the rest of my evening with Georgia, or most likely her boyfriend Jackson either. The night had been too emotional for me to have to deal with that.

In the beginning, he agreed, but instead of going out to eat, we would go get take out and then hang out in his car. But, very quickly I pointed out the flaws. The first was that I had no desire to make out in a car that reeked of fast food. And the second was that my mom was coming home for the first time in almost a month, and I genuinely wanted to see her.

It was the mention of family that put the car into drive. Blake could put on a tough, cool guy act, but I could tell since the night on the yacht that he adored his family, just as they did to him. And I liked that he had both sides. Of course a part of me loved the dominance of him, but I also liked to see that he had layers.

We pulled into the driveway. It was empty. My mom would be arriving any minute, my dad wouldn't be home for another hour, and Seth was most likely partying to celebrate his win. That meant it was just me until they all came home. My mom more than anyone, though, was the one I was worried about. She was one that didn't want to be left out of anything, so the amount of questions she would have would be horrendous.

"I feel it's only fair that because you met my mom, I should meet your mom," Blake argued.

"The difference between that meeting and this one is that your parents don't know I'm from Baylor," I muttered. "And technically I shouldn't even be having contact with you because our date was a one time thing."

"Your brother really does hate me," he chuckled.

"Yeah well so does my dad. Being my boyfriend isn't going to win you any new points. It just might put a little more oomph when he kicks you out the door."

Blake paused for a moment while he thought. His fingers drummed rhythmically against the wheel. "Can your mom keep a secret?" He grinned.

I shook my head in disbelief. "Why do you want to meet my family?" I questioned.

Another pause. Blake stared out the window. "Has Graham met your parents?"

Oh. Red colored in the surface of my cheeks. How could I forget that technically I was supposed to be choosing between Graham and Blake? At least he remembered because until he mentioned that I hadn't exactly been neutral about my feelings.

Graham had met my parents. He had joined our family for barbecues and pool parties more times than one would probably think was appropriate between a girl and guy. But everyone understood the friendly nature of our friendship...until recently.

"You can come in," I said. "Just take off your pads first. They reek of sweat, and Reagan's cheap ass perfume."

"Alexa," Blake protested.

I rolled my eyes. "I'm kidding! Almost." I got out of the car. "But I am serious about the pads."

Blake turned off the car. He then got out and tugged off his jersey so he could remove the protective gear from underneath.  And I was all fine until the gear had been taken off as I had asked.

Man was I glad he was good at following directions.

Blake noticed my staring, and didn't hesitate. "Should I meet your mom like this? Perhaps gawking runs in the family," he smirked.

"First off that's gross," I shot back. "And second, don't get cocky. I'm just looking at what areas we will work on when you and I go to the gym together."

Blake furrowed his eyebrows. "There are so many things in that statement, just, hold on." Still not putting a shirt on, he leaned against the car and ran his hands through his hair. "Okay, the gym makes sense. As long as you're wearing leggings. But me? Alex, I didn't know chiseled muscle is flab in your book."