Chapter 6

I threw my head back and laughed away all the stress that had been shoved my way from today. "You are kidding, right?"

The guy shook his head. "Nah. He threw the airplane up, but then he heard Nat's voice so he turned around, and then the plane landed right in the crotch. He couldn't leave his bed for a week!" He grinned.

"That's wild," I laughed and took another sip of water. I had opted out of drinks because regardless I still had my suspicions about Brentwood, but that didn't mean I couldn't loosen up in other ways.

Romeo squeezed my hand. "You wanna go out to the backyard to talk for a minute?" He asked me.

I looked at the group of girls in the corner all glaring in my direction. I had heard they were gossiping about the French slut that had waltzed in and taken the most eligible guy at their school. Well, if I'm a French slut tonight, I might as well embrace it.

I nodded and let him lead me out into the back yard. But not before mocking a french kiss, aiming it towards the group in the back.

I felt at ease as soon as we stepped outside. Romeo looked around to make sure nobody else was back there and then settled us down on the couch that overlooked the lake, whose cool breeze I desperately needed after partying in the stuffy house for over an hour.

"I never knew that Lake Jayle was so close," I admitted as I gazed out in wonder at the beautiful sight. "I can't believe I ducked out of all those lake trips because I thought it was, like, three hours away."

"Try three minutes," he grinned cheekily.

I giggled. "Okay. I'm outside. So now what? Are you going to profess your love and then throw me into the lake because nobody else can have me?"

He rolled his eyes. "Haven't you read books? That comes at the end."

"Right. I forgot you gotta build suspense."

"Only the best books do."

I looked at him with my big green eyes. "I've never been more curious about someone in all my life," I confessed. "All this stuff goes down today, we go to a party basically for you, and I still don't even know your name." I smiled innocently. "Now the pressure is on for it not to be stupid name."

He ran a hand through his hair. "So this is real. We are really going to tell each other names and then where we live and then that our sibling is the other person's archenemy?"

I threw up my hands in defense. "You always have your helmet on. How was I supposed to know that the hot guy at the movies was the Brentwood QB?"

"It radiates from me," he said seriously.

I rolled my eyes. "Yes, we are really doing this. Tell me your name. Then, maybe, I'll tell you mine. We'll see."

He smiled and shook his head in disbelief. "Never thought I'd listen to orders from a bulldog." He tilted his head to better watch my reaction. "It's Blake. My name is Blake."

I smiled. "Blake," I practiced. "Sounds good to me because up until now, I just called you Romeo."

"I like that too." He grinned. "And you're Alexa, based on your brother's annoying screech?"

"I would have never described his bellow as a screech," I laughed. "But if you imagine it with a girl's voice then yes, that would be a screech."

"Alexa," he smiled. "You're really pretty, Alexa. Your brother must have got all the bad genes."

I shrugged. "He got all the athletic ones. Though I will say I can make someone break a sweat trying to keep up with me on a run."

"Cardio," he said distastefully. "I always preferred weights."