Chapter 32

Graham kissed me one last time before we separated. And this was after I had given up at less than discreetly telling him (as in pinching) that whoever had just walked in on us was probably going to kick his ass if we didn't stop. He seemed confident though, because he handled me gracefully before stepping away, and he still kept a hand around my waist.

My heart plummeted. "Hey, Seth."

Seth scowled. He pushed open the flaps of the tent and stepped inside. "Unbelievable. I trusted you Graham, and this is what I walk in on?"

Graham shrugged, unfazed. "She could have been with someone a lot worse."

"Who would be worse than someone that is supposed to be the innocent best friend of my innocent sister?" He scoffed. "That's the only reason I let you two be in the same tent!"

My eyes widened. I turned and looked at Graham with a look that warned him that the future of his penis depended on what he said next. But apparently our kiss had only boosted his confidence, because now he seemed only amused by my threats. This meant I'd have to deal with him for now, but I made a note to myself to remind him painfully that I didn't lie when I threatened someone.

"Well, I know this looks bad, but she's been with other guys before."

"Were they sleeping alone together in a tent, half-naked doing who knows what else?" Seth growled.

"Mate, I'm sorry Taylor isn't here so you can join in on the fun, but just be happy for me and Alex. The weekend is already a third of the way over and then you can resume doing what me and Alex were just doing."

Oh my God. He's making it sound like we slept together.

I elbowed Graham. "Shut up," I snapped at him, my face still red with embarrassment that Seth had caught us and that Graham seemed to be enjoying the irritation on my brother's face. How did he find any of this good? I was the one that was going to pay for this when we went back to school.

"Put some clothes on," was all Seth growled before storming out of the tent.

It trembled with his angry retreat. When he was good and gone, that was when I let out a breath I didn't realize I had been holding. I groaned a long and painful sound of misery. "He is never going to let me live this down," I mourned.

Graham chuckled. "What's the problem here? Are you mad because we kissed or just mad that you're brother walked in on us?"

"Yes."

"But seriously?"

"Yes!" I scowled. "I'm still trying to piece together what happened last night, but I know for a fact that neither of us did anything stupid like you're making it seem. Literally, we were innocently looking for our shirts when we bumped into each other and you kissed me."

"You didn't pull back."

"Gah," was all I spat in response.

"Aw, come on, Alexa," Graham cooed after seeing my face twisted into an annoyed scowl. He wrapped his arms around my waist and tried to cuddle me closer. I stayed stiff and rigid in response. "Don't be mad. Be glad."

"About what?"

Graham's hands began to wander a little lower than my liking. Though his hands were warm to the touch, they were grazing a very sensitive part of my stomach, which was making it harder and harder to keep a serious face. He chuckled at my contorted expression. "I like you, Alexa. I don't want you to be mad or annoyed when all I want to do is show you that."

"But in front of my brother?"

"He'll have to deal with it sooner or later."

"Graham," I said slowly, but instead of continuing fighting, I gave in and rested my head on his still bare chest. I was unable to come up with any more reasons why I'd be mad other than the glaringly obvious one, which was that I liked Blake a lot.