chapter 12: birthday

You belong to me' Ayato's words hung heavy in my heart as Yuma walked me to lunch. Apparently there was something he wanted to show me but I was too distracted to really care.

My mind was far off in it's own imagination but it's concentration was halted by the smooth voice of my brown haired boyfriend.

"(Y/n), do you like it?" When I came back into focus, my eyes widened in adoration at the sight before me.  There on the plush green grass of the school yard was a medium sized knitted wooden picnic basket that had a freshly baked baguette lying in front of it while a small sign stood next to it saying 'Happy birthday' 

"I didn't even remember." I whispered before hugging Yuma's waist tightly.  Excited I plopped onto the ground and he did the same before opening the box to reveal it's delicious contents.

My mouth watered with anticipation of savouring the many delicacies and my lover passed me a plate. However, in our romantic haze,  the two of us failed to notice the peering red eyes that watched jealously from deep within the bushes.

(Ayato p.o.v)

How dare she touch him when I made it clear to her, that she's mine. My body shook with rage towards the happy couple and I quickly left the scene.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When we finally reached home I instantly went towards my room and searched in my drawer for the gift I'd gotten (y/n). Honestly birthdays had never been a big thing to me but she was different.

Something about that (h/c) haired girl made something in me want to at least get her a gift.  It was weird honestly, but that didn't matter at the moment. What mattered was me getting her a present that out did Yuma's by miles. 

After a bit more searching, I found the velvety white box I was looking for and ran down the stairs to (y/n)'s room. Without hesitation I opened the door to be met with the heavenly sight of her putting on a (f/c) house dress. 

I leaned against the door with my eyes glued to her body, but I soon regretted it egen I caught sight of the many hickeys adorning her hip and back area. 

Even though I hate to admit it,  the sight caused a deep sadness to enter my heart and I quickly threw the box at the (h/c)-ette's headboard before leaving the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Y/n)  p.o.v)

At the sound of something hitting my bed,  I whipped around in horror,  though when I saw the white box laying sideways against my pillow, I calmed myself and finished getting ready.

Once I was done, I took a seat on my bed, delicately taking the box into my hands. Attached to it by a golden string, was a small card that had the name 'Ayato' written in dainty handwriting.

A small laugh left me as I opened the box but once I saw the contents my laughter faded and I found myself awestruck. Inside the simple container lay a rainbow colored heart necklace made from pure crystal with matching earrings.

As I stared at the elegant jewelry I couldn't help the small smile that crissed my lips.

"Ayato, you sly bastard."