「Chapter Nine」

he hides his fears behind hate

[A few years ago,back when Yoongi was a child]

[A few years ago,
back when Yoongi was a child]

"I'm sorry, Yoongs, but I have to leave." Jimin can not stop the teardrops that are falling down on his cheeks.

"What?!" Yoongi freaks out. "What are you talking about?! Why?! What happened?!" He bombards his friend with questions, not knowing what is happening, at the moment.

"I don't know— my father says that we are not safe here, anymore," Jimin answers, and turns his back on him. "I will miss you."

"Don't say that this is our last farewell."

Jimin walks up to the door in order to leave his friend's bedroom, but he suddenly freezes in his spot. "Well, it is." As teardrops are running down his cheeks, he tires to manage his emotions, and leaves there as fast as possible.

Angrily, Yoongi gets up from the bed, and runs after his friend in order to catch him, and talk to him for the last time, but he can no longer see him.

The boy is already gone.

All can be heard is his parents talking with each other in the kitchen, so he hides behind the sofa to hear them.

"You shouldn't have threatened them," His mother says to her husband, and sits down on the dining chair. "Mr. Park and his family are leaving the country, and it's all because of you."

"They promised each other to get married," Angrily, his father whisper-yells, and punches the wall. "Do you fucking know what it means?"

The poor boy shivers in fear.

This is not good. This is not good at all. Now, he knows that his father has heard him and Jimin talking about getting married in future.

"They are just kids— they don't know what they are talking about, and—"

"No," His father shouts at his wife. "If it turns out that our son is gay, I'm putting the blame on you."

"There is nothing wrong with being gay, there is something wrong with the society they live in, and whatever happens, they are people... just like you and me, so please, have some respect."

"Respect? Oh, come on, you've been brain washed," Rudely, he says, and laughs. "Get the fuck out of my face."

"But—"

"I said get the fuck out of my face." He cuts her off, and waits for her in order to leave him alone.

Now, the poor boy knows why his friend has moved to another country with his family, and by knowing the truth, he will suffer for loving someone the rest of his life.

[Present day]

"Well, this stranger is kind of strange," Namjoon speaks up, and pours himself a drink. "You know what I mean, right?" He questions, and sits down on the sofa beside Hoseok who is staring down at the piece of paper which was given to him for about a few hours ago.

"He was kind of different." Hoseok mutters under his breath, and decides to dial Yoongi's number.

On the other hand, Namjoon is trying his best in order to grab the cellphone out of the boy's hand to stop him calling the stranger that his friend had coffee with, but Hoseok is not planning to let go of his cellphone.

Suddenly, a voice speaks on the other line, "Hello?" Yes, this is Min Yoongi, himself, but before Hoseok can say anything, Namjoon finally makes it, and declines the phonecall, and in return, Hoseok bites his ear, angrily.

Namjoon starts punching Hoseok as he can not stop screaming out of pain, but once the boy is pleased, he lets go of Namjoon. "If you ever touch my cellphone again, I will—" Seeing Namjoon pressing his hand on his ear, tightly, makes the boy laugh. "I'm sorry, but I can't stop laughing."

"What the fuck, dude?" His friend rolls his eyes, and snifs the air through his nose. "Is that— do you smell this?" Quickly, he stands up from the sofa, and runs to the kitchen in order to see whether he has burnt the dinner or not. "Oh, no, not again!"

When Hoseok hears this, he lets out a breath. "Great," He rolls his eyes, and says, "No dinner for tonight... as usual."

The boy is angry, but not because they can no longer eat dinner tonight. He is angry, because when he calls Yoongi, the young man declines it over and over again.

Maybe, he thinks that Hoseok is a creep who is calling him this late at night, or maybe, the one declining the phonecall is not Yoongi, himself.

"Tell your boyfriend that we're coming to his place," Hoseok refers to Namjoon's boyfriend who can cook very well unlike these two. "I'm starving."

"He is still at the hospital," Anytime that Namjoon talks about his boyfriend, he feels butterflies in his stomach. "Night shifts, you know?" Everybody knows that he is so proud of his boyfriend who is a well-known doctor, also they know that he can not stop smiling whenever he talks about him.

Trying to call Yoongi for the seventh time, and giving it one last shot, to his surprise, somebody picks the phone up.

"Who the fuck are you?"