9

Ashton dropped Luke a few houses down from his own house. It was just after 8am and he praying to god that nobody woke up yet. "Thanks for the ride."
"No problem." Ashton smiled, he was happy to help a friend out. Ashton watched as Luke went through the back gate of his house.

Ashton drove away slowly not wanting to stir up any suspicions.

Luke got through the back gate walking into his backyard - he grabbed the key from under the mat unlocking the door slipping inside.
He tip toed through the kitchen and toward the staircase that led to upstairs; when he reached the top he saw his father walking into the bathroom so he booked it and ran quickly and quietly to his room trying not to be noticed.

That was a close one.

Luke sat on the edge of the bed flipping through his song book and just started to be overcome by emotions.

The tears fell onto the pages of his song book, he could stop them. "I can't live like this." He kept repeating to himself.

He whipped his phone out and decided to text Ashton.

To: ashton
From: luke

I hate my life.

Luke eventually fell asleep, dreaming about another life, another better life, that he's always wanted.

He woke up to the sound of his mother knocking on his door.

"You alright?" She rushed over to his side concerned about her son. "Looks like you've been crying?"

"Yeah I'm okay." His mother leaned over kissing his head.
"By the way the doctor called, they want to discuss the test results in person."

Luke groaned. "Does this mean something bad?" He asked her. His voice was shaky.

"I don't know they wouldn't elaborate on the phone. I'm pretty sure that the results are fine."

-
And all the things that we dream about
They don't mean what they did before
I just wanna get back to us
'Cause we used to have more
Why does it feel like we're missing out?
Like I'm standing behind the door
I just wanna get back to us
'Cause we used to have more