5

"My story, oh boy."

Ashton shifted over and faced himself toward Luke giving him his full attention. "Cmon, it can't be that bad Luke."

That made Luke even more nervous than what he already was, causing him to bite his lip.

"Oh jeez. This is gonna take awhile." Ashton was so eager to learn about Luke.

"Back when I was six, I thought I was going to die. I thought my parents were going to have to say goodbye to me forever." Ashton's expression immediately flipped from eager to concerned.

"I still have nightmares about the doctors surrounding me and poking me with needles and doing all these tests on me. I remember when a doctor had to pull me off of my mom." Luke had to remain in one piece, he didn't want to breakdown in front of a stranger. "I had a high fever and my back and sides were hurting and burning - it was the worst feeling in the world."

"They originally thought that I had a tumor somewhere in my stomach but they were wrong. Eventually, the diagnosed me with Chronic Kidney Disease. My life has been a living hell ever since."

"Dude I'm so so sorry." Ashton felt bad, from his point of view, it looked like Luke was going to fall apart.

"I have to take seven pills a day, I have to watch my water intake , I can't eat the wrong foods.i haven't had an ounce of normalcy in my life in such a long time. I forgot what normal felt like. I've been rejected from society for so long that I don't know what to do with myself." Luke's story was so upsetting that Ashton even shed a few tears. "Wow you've had it hard. I'll never take anything for granted ever again."

-

"It was real nice to meet you. If you ever want to talk or hangout just pop in the gym up the street. I'm always there planning out the fitness and yoga classes." Luke gave one final smile to Ashton as he walked out. He finally was able to know what it's like to have some one understand him and someone who was willing to give him a chance.

-

Is it bad that I'm hoping that you're broken?
Is it bad that I'm wishing you're still broken?