Chapter Six

Previously on Through Thick or Thin

The only thing that remained in my mind for the rest of my time in the library was. What did he mean and what was happening to me?

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

Mark's Point Of View

I watched as she ran away.

What had caused me to stake my claim on her was beyond me. I just wanted to take all her hurt away. When she first slammed into me, her silver orbs were wide with panic.

It resembled that of some small creature being chased by its large predator and having no way to escape. I will turn this castle upside down if I have to simply to find out what caused it.

"There's no way in hell I'm going to let this slide," I spoke to myself.

Mina was mine. Even if it had only been a few hours. My claim was staked.

"Commander, there you are." And she's back. I had been trying to avoid her all day.

"I cannot talk right now Princess. I have a few things to do." I grabbed my duffel from the ground.

"Oh, that's fine. I was just wondering if you saw Mina aside from at breakfast." She smiled but I could see behind it.

"No, I haven't Princess. If I do I'll let you know." I turned my back towards her and left.

I had to install the rest of the cameras in the palace. They were designed by Alexander's company. Cameras the size of needles that stuck onto any surface.

They didn't require wires because they sent out signals over two kilometers with wireless internet. Everything could be viewed from a laptop specifically mine in my room.

I placed one in every corridor, two in front of the Princess and King's room from earlier. I only had a some remaining but I had a plan for the last two. One is to be placed in the Princess's room and the last one to be placed in the King's room.

This whole house now had my eyes. I placed a few around the perimeter of the castle and I was done.

I went to my room placed one there that I saw laying on the table and opened my laptop. I checked every camera and when satisfied I check over some earlier footage.

I passed through the corridors and then spotted Mina. I saw her enter the Kings room and thirty minutes later she came out crying.

Had the old man done something to her? King or not he will pay. But I cannot jump to assumptions maybe they were discussing a touché subject. Then again no stone will be left unturned. Something happened to my Mina and the King is the main and only suspect this far.

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

Mina's Point Of View

I spent the rest of my day doing my tasks and finished them completely at sunset like request and ordered to. Afterward, I went to the kitchen as every single staff member was requested to do around this time for payment.

Dinner was already served so the kitchen was filled with us maids and helpers. Ms. Fatima and Anabelle sat together and I went over to them. They are the only workers that I would truly call my friends.

Ms. Fatima looked at me with a sad look on her face and opened her arms calling me towards them. I ran into them and held onto her for dear life. "Everything will be okay lass," She patted my back and held onto me for a while then she made me sit down. "You don't need to say anything I know."