Chapter Eleven

Previously on Through Thick or Thin

A flash of light went off making me look around to see Ash smiling with his tablet.

"I did it Mark. I took my very first picture on my own."

"You're sure did champ."

♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧♧

Mina's Point of View

"Remember to watch mama until we get back Ash." I went towards the door with Mark. I had given him a Thobe and a hijab that my father use to own so no one that works at the palace would recognize him if they saw him. Though the hijab was for women some men wore it. Plus the Ghutra and Egal would have made his face stand out.

I did not replace my hijab from earlier due to the fact that I had changed into my mom's old Niqab. It was hard for persons to recognize you if you wore one.

I led Mark to the back of the house and picked up one of the clay jars. There were five clay jars and four drums. "I'm guessing water is the first thing on the list."

"Yes, it's very close to the market and the herbalist that makes medicine isn't a very far walk either. The drums require-"

"Three jars to completely fill them. That's Basically three trips for both drums and jars to be filled." I raised a brow wondering how he got it that quick.

He smiled. "My family is all about education. Mathematics, English language you name it we excel in it or try to."

He went over to a tree and broke two thick limbs that were hanging low. "Do you have any rope?"

"Rope?"

"Yes, the jars have two handles. I want to attach them to these two limbs. One on each end. Four ends, four jars. So you can carry one and I'll carry the four."

"That's gonna be too heavy Mark. I don't want you to be carrying that much plus-"

"I'm a soldier love. I'm used to carrying more than this so it's fine." Sighing I began looking around the back of the yard. Some were supposed to be laying down somewhere.

Shifting the sheets on the clothesline I spotted some rope that remained after the line was remade the other day and handed it to him.

I watched as he made the makeshift carrier and placed them over his shoulders. "Let's go."

Shaking my head in disbelief that he's actually doing this, I took up the last jar and placed it on my head.

We walked for a few minutes in comfortable silence before he broke it. "So Ms. Saleh what's your middle name?"

"Middle name?" What a weird terminology.

"Yes, the one the one between your first and last name."

"Oh... it's Agalia."

"Agalia," My names rolled off his tongue so easily it made a shiver crawl down my spine. "Brings bright joy to everyone. Origin Greek."