12. Battle On The Bridge: Zabuza and (Y/n) Return!

Start from the beginning

"How so? Why is becoming strong so important to you?"

"I made a promise to a loved one, that's why."

"So are you training for that loved one, or are you doing all this training for yourself?" Haku wondered.

"Actually, I'm not training just for my loved one. I'm training because I have a duty, and that is to protect everyone in the whole world, even if it means protecting the ones I'm not very fond of. Depending on the situation, that is."

"Is that loved one precious to you?"

"He was." (Y/n) flinched at the mention of her deceased best friend.

Haku bowed, "I'm sorry for your loss. When someone has a person that they want to protect, they become genuinely strong. But you're loved one has already passed on. How can you possibly manage to strengthen yourself if you have no one left to protect? I respect you for making a promise to your loved one, but it doesn't seem like you'll be able to handle all the trouble by yourself."

"You're wrong. I have others to protect, and just because my loved one isn't standing here with me right now, it doesn't mean that he's not watching over me." (Y/n) looked at the sky and stood up slowly, walking away from Haku.

Haku sighed and returned to picking more herbs until a voice made him stop his actions.

"Oh, by the way,"

Haku looked up to see that one of (Y/n)'s eyes weren't covered by her bangs. It shined a bright (e/c) color that gave (Y/n) a sharp look, but at the same time, it made her look like a very delicate girl on the inside.

"Don't respect someone for making a promise. Respect them for trying to keep it." And with those last words, Haku saw (Y/n) disappear within the forest.

Meanwhile, Sakura and Kakashi were walking around the forest trying to find Naruto and Sasuke.

"Knowing Naruto, he could be anywhere. And Sasuke hasn't came back either. I wonder where they are." Sakura pondered for a moment. Kakashi gave a simple shrug of his shoulders as a response.

Suddenly, a kunai knife was thrown on the ground and landed near Sakura's and Kakashi's feet. They both looked up to and spotted Naruto laying on his stomach on top of a high tree branch.

"Whoa! Naruto can climb up that high using his chakra? That's great." Sakura said, half impressed by the skill and work of her teammate.

"What do you think? Is this high enough for you guys?" Naruto asked standing up, "Its a long way down- huh?"

Naruto lost his balance and slipped off of the branch.

"Naruto!" Sakura yelled out.

"Uh-oh." Kakashi widened his eyes at the sight of his falling student.

But instead of falling, Naruto held himself upside down with his feet still attached to the branch while using his chakra for support.

"Ha ha! Just kidding! You guys really fell for it!" Naruto laughed.

"Naruto, we were worried about you!" Sakura growled.

'Why do I think this is going to end badly?' Kakashi thought.

Out of surprise, the soles of Naruto's feet popped off of the tree branch.

"You just had to push it, didn't you?!" Sakura freaked out for a moment, until someone zoomed past her and jumped up from branch to branch. Sasuke grabbed Naruto's ankle and held both of them upside down using his own chakra as leverage.