12. Battle On The Bridge: Zabuza and (Y/n) Return!

"Good morning, everyone!"

Sakura yawned and sat down on the table with the rest of her teammates, except for Naruto and (Y/n) who were missing. Tsunami sat a bowl of breakfast in front of Sakura, along with some chopsticks.

"Oh, thank you," Sakura smiled and began to eat.

"Naruto's not here? Looks like he was out all night again." Tazuna said.

"He's gone completely crazy. He's out climbing trees in the dark. He could be dead by now. You know, from using up too much of his chakra." Sakura picked up another grain of rice from her bowl.

"Well, I certainly hope he's ok. A child spending the night in the woods alone is awfully dangerous. Speaking of children, has anyone found (Y/n) yet?" Tsunami asked, hoping she would get a positive answer.

"There's nothing to worry about. (Y/n) will come back eventually on her own terms. I know very well that she wouldn't leave her team behind. She can handle herself out there just fine." Kakashi responded with a smile hidden underneath his mask.

"She couldn't handle herself when we were training, let alone control herself." Sasuke spoke.

Sakura gasped at Sasuke's remark and was about to start an argument, but did she really want her Sasuke-kun to be furious with her?

"...It was just an accident." Sakura mumbled lowly, but loud enough for Sasuke to hear. Sasuke stood up from his chair and was about to head out of the house until Sakura called for him.

"Sasuke, where are you going?"

"I'm going out for a walk." Sasuke closed the door behind him.

"Uh, but we just started eating-" Sakura looked next to her to see an empty bowl, "Huh?! That sure was fast."

"Come on, wake up already. You don't want to catch a cold now, do you?"

Haku kept shaking (Y/n), who was sitting down with her back against a tree. She was in a deep sleep, not ever wanting to wake up. Haku sighed and was about to leave, but then noticed the long bangs that (Y/n) used to cover her eyes. He didn't want to lie to himself, but he secretly wanted to know why she hid her eyes and how they looked. Specifically, the color.

So he raised his hand and traveled from her neck to her forehead, slowly trying moving one small layer from her vision. But before he could even raise her (h/c) locks, (Y/n) grabbed his wrist and switched positions. Haku was now pinned against the tree by one wrist, while the other rested by his side. He winced at the slight pain, which was noticed by the small female.

She instantly let go of his wrist and stared at him through her (h/c) bangs. Instead of asking who he was, (Y/n) pointed at the wooden basket that was right near both of their feet.

"Hm?" Haku looked down at where she was pointing and remembered why he was out in the woods, "Oh, I'm just collecting some herbs. The ones that treat illnesses in human wounds."

'I know what herbs are.' (Y/n)'s eye twitched in irritation.

She immediately calmed down and bent down on her knees, picking some stems and weeds from the ground. Haku understood that she was helping and copied her actions.

"I didn't think I'd find anyone sleeping out here in the woods. Are you a ninja by any chance?"

(Y/n) nodded and took off her headband that was hidden underneath her bangs, closing her eyes in the process so Haku wouldn't be able to see her eyes.

"That looks very impressive. Does that mean you were out here training for something? You look strong enough as it is."

"It's not enough. It will never be enough." (Y/n) gritted her teeth.