Home Sweet Tower

Belle POV

Ugh, my head is pounding. I roll over trying to pull the covers over my head. Something pulls my arm slightly. It hurts. Groggily I blink my eyes open. They widen as I take in the I.V connected to my arm, the white sheet in my hands, and the overall hospital room feeling of the room.

Everything comes rushing back to me at once. I vaguely remember Steve and Tony but everything else is foggy. They really found me. Slowly I push myself up. My head feels like it's splitting in two. I carefully detach the I.V and make my way out of the room. I enter the living room surprised to see everyone still there sitting around. I'm even more shocked to see Cleo, Emma, and Rikki sitting on the couch next to Steve. Tony spots me first making his way over to me quickly. He carefully wraps his arms around me pulling me into a gentle hug.

"Good to see you up, kiddo," he tells me. I smile a little bit. Everyone makes a line and I give everyone a hug. I make it to Cleo and the others and I charge them hugging them tightly. They hug me back laughing.

"Thank you," I tell them sincerely. Rikki chops me on the back of the neck.

"Didn't I tell you not to get into any trouble? You just had to come to New York," she remarks. Her smile gives her away though. I laugh hugging her again. She tries to pull away but I don't let her. Finally I have mercy and let go.

Feeling exhausted just from that, I sit down on the couch in between Emma and Tony. I can tell the Avengers are waiting for some explanation. I sigh and begin.

"When I first ran away, I went into the ocean and swam all the way to Australia. I met Cleo, Emma, and Rikki not too long after that. They taught me how to use my powers and about the full moon. They taught me everything really that I know about being a mermaid." Everyone seemed to be expecting this answer and nods.

"We are going to have to be getting back," Emma states as the three of them stand up. I nod my head even though I wish they could stay longer. I walk with them to the elevator.

"Be careful getting back." They nod.

"Try to stay out of trouble," Emma tells me.

"I'll try. It seems to fine me though." We all laugh because we know how true it is. I watch as the elevator door closes and they disappear from view. It isn't goodbye but a see you later I remind myself. I head back into the living room where everyone still sits. I sit back down by Tony and listen to the conversation. Soon enough I feel my eyelids getting heavy and everything fades away.

Tony POV

She fell asleep some time ago. Her head rests on my shoulder as her deep breaths continue. Everyone but Steve and Bruce had to leave. They sat on the other side of the room quietly talking. We agreed to try not to wake her. She needs her rest.

Suddenly her breath catches and she begins to shake. I turn my body pulling her into my arms. One of my hand rubs her hair as my other pulls her closer.

"It's okay Belle, you're okay," I tell her quietly. Her eyes open sharply. She glances around before relaxing into me. She buries her face into my shirt. I can feel it becoming wet with her tears. I hold her tighter. "You're okay. I've got you."

Belle POV

It's been awhile since I've felt like me. It's been a week since I was kidnapped and rescued. I know the others have been tiptoeing around me. I hate it. I was kidnapped. But I'm back. I'm back and better than ever.

Well I'm trying to be but what's a girl got to do to get a little help. Pietro now avoids me but I feel him watching me sometimes. So I don't really know what's going on with him. His sister has been better but the others treat me like I'm cracked glass just waiting to crumble.