The Conversation I Spent Years Avoiding

Belle POV

It's amazing how time can fly right past you. Surprisingly I've gotten pretty use to life in the big ole tower. Even more surprising, I actually like having the company of other people. Gasp, right? But alas it is true. I still have times where my loner tendencies kick in and I've hit the max on my socializing ability but more often than not I really do enjoy the company of one or two or all of the team.

Except Pietro. Speedy is one wrong move away from me making him into an ice sculpture for eternity. Now that I think of it, I really like that idea. I might just have to...

"Belle?" Steve asks breaking into my thoughts. I reach out and take the coffee cup he offers. I nod my head in thanks.

"What was that daydream about? The look on your face was a little-" Clint starts sipping on his own cup of caffeinated goodness.

"Adorable? Beautiful? Like an angel?" I guess cutting him off. I flutter my eyelashes dramatically for effect. "I was going to say scary or maybe sinister," he states rolling his eyes. I just shrug. They can't be trusted with revenge plans. They aren't the one that Speedy has decided to have a personal vendetta against.

"Just drink your coffee, bird boy, and hope it isn't about you," Tony adds from his side of the room. The realization that I was about to say pretty much the same thing makes me pause. I glance back at the man. He is engrossed in the newspaper, murmuring to Jarvis about various projects. He looks soooo...normal.

I focus back on my coffee cup trying to ignore the fact that he and I may be more similar than I have cared to admit. I meet Clint's eyes and smirk a little. He pales but says nothing else. I don't correct his assumption. Let bird boy squirm a little. The spy could probably use the practice, wouldn't want him to get rusty. I'm actually doing him and, by extension, the world a favor. You're welcome.

Another crack of thunder shakes the tower. I look out the ceiling to floor windows and sigh. There's no way I'm going to get to go outside with all that rain. A large boom causes the tower to shudder. I glance around but the others don't seem too concerned about it. It's really too early for me to care that much at this point. Not enough of this caffeine has made it to my brain.

"Hello, good friends!" A loud voice exclaims. I jump my scalding coffee splashing onto my hand. I wipe it off quickly cursing under my breath before turning to take in the newcomer. I haven't met him yet but I knew of Thor. Let me just say, he is even bigger, buffer, and louder in person. I shake out my eardrums while everyone greets him.

"Who is this, son of Stark?" he asks loudly heading towards me. I jump off my stool stepping away from him taking in the water dripping onto the floor underneath him.

"This is my daughter, Belle," Tony states. I wince a little at the term. I guess old habits die hard.

"Lady Belle, it is wondrous to meet you!" Thor exclaims charging forward. Before I can react he pulls me into one very big, very wet hug. Not the good kind either. The I'm about to transform into a fish in the kitchen kind. I pull away and instantly back up a few feet. Sitting on the floor I count away in my head. It's too early for this crap.

Thor's eyes grew three sizes that day. He stares jaw dropped at my fishy form. Finally he snaps out of it slightly, and somehow manages to get even louder.

"My deepest apologies, Lady Belle. I do not know how this transformation was wrought but I will not cease until I find a solution to reverse you back to your natural form," he declares. I can't help it. I laugh. This big burly god of thunder thinks that he has somehow developed an ability to transform people into fish.