SWG take a Swing

Avengers POV

They had just settled down again after sending Thor off when it happened. The sound of shattering glass drew the Avengers attention but Belle's scream followed by the blaring of the tower alarm is what jolted them into motion. Tony and Steve charged down the hall. A gust of wind hit them halfway there. Standing in the doorway they take in Pietro's figure by the destroyed window, a helicopter quickly disappearing in the distance. Even he wasn't quick enough.

"Belle!" Tony shouts making his way to the window. Steve follows close behind him but stops suddenly reaching down towards the floor. He picks up a small device, Belle's cell phone he realizes. He grips it tightly anger pouring through his body. How did this happen?

"Who would do this?" Bruce asks from the doorway taking in the scene in front of him. He can tell one of his closest friends is minutes away from a complete breakdown. Tony has just gotten his daughter back and now she is ripped away from him again. Bruce could see the waves of emotion that Tony is struggling to fight back.

"I know," Pietro states. He looks back at them a steely resolve forming in his eyes. He couldn't stop them from taking her but he saw them. He knows that insignia. "It was SWG. I saw symbol." They would regret this day for the rest of their lives. He would make sure of it.

"How did they get past the tower's defenses?" Steve asks but Tony is too distraught to answer staring in shock out the window.

"Something blocked them from the sensors," Wanda answering coming into the room. A slight red hue in her eyes, the only clue of her active powers. She heads across the room to stand my Pietro placing a comforting hand on his arm. "We will get her back."

Belle POV

I slowly float back down to reality. The ringing in my ears makes my head feel like it weighs a hundred pounds and nothing at the same time. I pry my eyes open taking in the distorted world around me. What did they give me? I vaguely remember getting snatched from the tower but I can barely even think as this point. I ty to focus on my surrounding and pushing past the fog.

I take in the glass surrounding me and notice the blurry dark figures moving around past it. I feel the water below me not even coming up to my hip. I glance down taking in my familiar tail.....my tail! There is something seriously wrong with my brain right now that I didn't even notice till now.

SWG must have me. I try not to worry. The Avengers will come for me. They will search for me. What if they can't find me? I try to shake my head to get rid of the doubts but all I accomplish is making myself very dizzy when the entire world decides to shake.

I try to move my body but it won't listen to my fuzzy brain. No matter how hard I try my hands remain limp at my sides in the shallow water. I hear people murmuring through the glass but I can't make out what they are saying. I doubt I want to know anyway.

I can feel the darkness creeping back in. I panic digging deep within myself. Reaching out I push my panic out through the water. A silent cry for help. All I can think as the black waves take me under is that I hope it reaches them.

Steve POV

"It's been two hours and we are not any closer to finding her!" Tony shouts to no one in particular. Before I can make my way to him, Bruce is there. He guides the distraught father out of the room.

Hopefully he will manage to calm him down. I know what he is going through but I have to keep it together. Belle is counting on us to find her. I will not let her down.

I turn back to the video conference. Clint left soon after the abduction to rendezvous with Nat at Shield. When it comes to Belle, I would prefer Shield to not be involved but right now we could use any resource we can get. We need to find her. Who knows what they are doing to her?

"We're double checking right now but it isn't looking good. All I can tell you is that they headed north. After that they disappear form the radar. I have no idea where they took her," Clint informs me. I have to stop myself from cursing.

"Someone want to remind me again how Stark has a daughter I've never heard of?" I hear Fury questions loudly off screen.

"Does SWG have any known hideouts or anything?" I ask ignoring the director. Normally I wouldn't but I don't have time to get into this with him right now.

"Not that we know of," Nat answers. Her mask is perfecting in place but I know she is just as worried as the rest of us. We've all gotten use to the kid being around.

"Why is the Scientific Working Group interested in Stark's kid?" Fury asks again stepping into the picture. I share a look with Clint and Nat. This is exactly why I didn't want to involve Shield but desperate times call for desperate measures. Fury takins in our faces and sighs. "Fine don't tell me. Does she have anything on her we can track?"

"No, her phone was found on the floor of her room," I state motioning to the device lying on the coffee table. Fury turns to talk to Clint and Nat so I take a second to glance back at the twins. Wanda is leaning against the wall keeping a watchful eye on her twin who has taken to slowly pacing along the length of the room. Well, slow for him. Suddenly loud music fills the room.

I've got a special power that I'm not afraid to use

Come on, this is my adventure, this is my fantasy

It's all about living in the ocean, being wild and free ...

I pick up Belle's phone instantly feeling the weight of everyone's attention on me. The caller ID flashes the name Emma. I don't remember her ever mentioning an Emma before. I answer it anyway. Maybe, just maybe they know something, somehow. We are running out of options.

"Hello?" I ask into the device pressing the speaker button.

"What happened to Belle?" a feminine voice with a heavy Australian accent asks me instantly.

"Who is this?" I ask immediately. How do they know something happened to Belle?

"Doesn't matter, what happened to Belle?" they ask again. I decide to take a risk.

"She was taken," I admit. There is a pause before I get a reply.

"Who is this?"

"Steve, who is this?" I ask my patience running out.

"A friend of Belle's. She is somewhere off the coast of Maine."

"How do you know this?" I ask in disbelief.

"Doesn't matter, are you going to rescue her?"

"Of course," I answer immediately. Before I can say anything else the call is terminated. They hung up on me. I stare at the phone dumb founded.

"I don't care if it's a wild goose chase," Tony states stepping fully into the room. He presses something on his wrist activating his suit. "I don't care who comes with me but I'm going to Maine." His suit forms to his body. The mask flips shut and he's gone.