Crap

Belle POV

Today is my day off and there is a zero percent chance of rain! This could be the start of the best day ever. I sleep in and make myself some scrambled eggs and cinnamon sugar toast. Yum! After that I decide that a walk in the park nearby sounds amazing. I pull on some jeans and a comfy t-shirt. Slipping my tennis shoes on I head out. The sun is warm but the breeze is cool. It really is a perfect day. I smile and inhale the smell of the trees deeply as I get to the park. This one has trails that I love to explore. I head for one of my favorites lost in my head. Suddenly a large mass knocks into me sending my sprawling onto the hard ground. I groan and blink my eyes at the mass...wait it's a person....wait I know that person.

"I'm so sorr-" he cuts off finally looking at me. "Belle?"

"Wow, Steve, way to knock a girl off her feet," I say smirking. He smiles at me and helps me up.

"I am sorry. I was going way to fast when I realized you were in my path it was too late."

"It's okay. I'm pretty tough."

"I was just headed to the main trail, where were you going?" he asks me.

"I was going to walk on the trails," I reply.

"Want to walk with me? I could use the company," he suggests. Normally that would be a hell no followed by the classic move of running away. But today is a different day.

"Sure, why not?" He seems surprised but hides it well. We ideally chat about various things as we make our way to the main trail. To the left it leads out to a parking lot. To the right it goes into the woods where it splits into various winding paths. We head to the right. We barely make it to the edge of the woods when we hear someone call.

"Hey Steve!" shouts a familiar voice, Bruce. We both stop and start to turn around.

"Hey Capsicle, how's it been?" asks a voice much closer to us. I freeze halfway around. My heart stops beating. No. This cannot be happening. I refuse to allow all those years of hard work to be in vain. Suddenly my heart starts racing like it's about to explode. "I didn't know you were on a date. I wouldn't have interrupted if I did." I hate how much he terrifies me still to this day. His voice is worse than any horror movie theme song. It's like a chainsaw on my nerves. Steve doesn't seem notice my distress.

"It's not a date. This is Belle, the girl Bruce and I met at the café. We just ran into each other," he explains. I keep my face tucked away. Should I run? That would work right? If they weren't expecting I might be able to get away before he notices. Who's to say he'll even recognize me if he does see my face? Was that worse? Would it be worse if he didn't even care?

"Belle are you okay?" asks Bruce. He would be the one to notice.

"Aw, Brucie she's just overwhelmed by my presence." That's it. Screw the consequences it is time to find out. I slowly turn my head and look at the man. He still is wearing some old jeans and a faded t-shirt. His facial hair is trimmer, and he has more wrinkles around his mouth and eyes. But his eyes are the biggest change. They are bright and engaging not like the glazed over ones of my childhood. I meet his eyes as he turns to look at me. His smile drop instantly and he gasps. Wow, he does remember me.

"Isabella?" he whispers. His eyes start to shine but it's most likely just for effect. He was always a great actor. My face becomes unreadable as I fix him with my worst glare. He keeps looking over me from my head to my toes like I'm some sort of illusion.