How to Wake a Sleeping Dragon

I don't know what possessed me to remove Draco's mark—or even how I knew how to do it—but cleansing his arm filled me with a power I'd never known. It was as if removing it freed both of us from Voldemort, the war, and our eight-year quarrel.

     When I'd finished the fight with the ink and Draco laid there, he was like a gift just for me. Flushed, panting, and begging for more.

     I liked it.

     I laid in the early morning light a few moments to see if I felt different—less virgin. I didn't.

     My heart swelled as my gaze drifted over Draco's sleeping form, followed by my fingers. His left arm matched his right—a clean slate. He moaned lightly, and his lashes fluttered open.

     "Good morning," his voice was ragged, but his smile was brilliant.

     "Morning." Cupping his chin, I kissed him. "It's getting light out, so we better get back to our rooms before people wake up."

     "Fuck um."

     I chuckled.

     "If you didn't need Potions class credits to be an Auror, I would insist you come home with me this instant. We could stay there forever and do whatever we want."

     I thought about his offer and only had one objection. "Won't Pansy and the whole Twenty-eight have a problem with that?"

     He sighed heavily and closed his eyes. "I..." He swallowed hard. "Yeah."

     He was trembling. "I don't like Pansy either, but she's got you really upset."

     "You have no idea."

     "Tell me, let me help."

     He propped himself up on his elbow and glanced at the dim light drifting through the window. "We don't have the time right now. And really, I don't want to spend any more energy on her than I need to—I've already done more than my fair share."

     "I know last night I said I would wait for you to tell me what's happening, but I'm concerned."

     He ran his fingers over my knuckles. "Harry, I promise that I will tell you everything when the time is right."

     That didn't make me feel any better. "Are you in some sort of trouble?"

     He searched my eyes for a minute before laughing. "No. She's just been something I wish I'd never touched in the first place. Regret, you know?" He pushed himself off the floor and began getting dressed.

     Something nagged at the back of my mind—he wasn't telling the truth. As I pulled my shirt on, I ran my tongue over my fuzzy teeth and grimaced. When I finished tying my shoe, Draco was back to looking like a supermodel—whereas I felt frumpy and unattractive.

     The good looking blonde walked to the table with his wand out.

     "Aguamenti." Pulling out a small potion bottle from his inside pocket, he added a few light-blue drops to the two glasses of water. Swirling it around, he drank one and carried the second glass to me.

     I sniffed at it suspiciously, but there was no odor.

     He chuckled, then licked my lips.

     "Mint?"

     "Mm-hmm." He winked.

     Drinking the winter-mint flavored concoction sent small bolts of electricity through my mouth like they were obliterating all the germs. It tingled pleasantly to my stomach then was absorbed and carried throughout my body like it was giving me a good internal cleaning. "Where did you get that?"