How to Slyther-in

"Spin around like a crazy elf.

     Dancin' by himself.

     Boogie down like a unicorn..." The music blared from the gramophone in the corner of the crowded Slytherin common room.

     "Pansy, watch out!" A rumbling voice warned.

     I skittered backward with my firewhisky clutched close to my chest. "Watch it, Goyle! You could have made me spill my drink, and it's not that cheap crap you're carrying around." I jerked my head at the keg he held over his head.

     He frowned and shifted his weight around under the large barrel. "Sorry, Pans. It's heavy. I was moving it over to the invisi-table like Zabini told me to, and it slipped."

     Tilting my head sideways, I asked, "Aren't you a wizard who can levitate things, or did Millie take that when she took your virginity?"

     My arm stung. "Ouch!"

     Millicent stood to my right, her fist clenched, and she was a bright shade of red. "You weren't supposed to say anything about that." Her eyes darted to Goyle, and she attempted to smile.

     As usual, Goyle stood with his mouth hanging open and looked lost. I waved at his face. "Why, Millie?"

     "Because his family is loaded," Tracey said as she slithered to my side.

     "And look at the size of him and those hands," Daphne chimed in. "I bet it paid off in the nether regions."

     "I'm going to go now." Goyle walked away.

     Millicent's red face became crimson. "I thought we were friends."

     "That was friendly."

     She huffed and chased after the lumbering man. "I'm sorry, Goyle," her voice blended with the beat of the music.

     I shook my head. "She can't take a joke, can she?"

     "I wasn't joking about his hands." Daphne chuckled.

     "What I wouldn't do to feel Zabini's hands on me—just once," Tracey said while wiggling her hips.

     "That's never going to happen," I told her for the millionth time.

     "Are you sure that he isn't interested in anyone?"

     "Tracey, in all of the years I've known him, he's never so much as looked at anyone with interest or love in his dark brown eyes."

     "That's not true, he looks at his clothes with a lust I've never seen before." Daphne pointed to the dark Slytherin holding court by the fireplace.

     Blaise wore one of his newest creations. A black and dark-purple fitted long-jacket with snug black slacks. He draped across a dark-green chair with a crossed leg, and a tumbler of firewhisky in his ring adorned hand—the perfect Pure-blood.

     "He would make a suitable choice as a husband if Draco wasn't who I was going to be with. And if he was interested in humans." I checked my engagement ring and started heading in Zabini's direction.

     "He's supposed to marry Astoria," Daphne said.

     "Pff, I doubt that will ever happen, even if the twenty-eight tell him to do it."

     "Maybe he just doesn't know that he wants me yet," Tracey said. She tugged on her mini-skirt as we pulled up to the couch.

     I glared at the younger Slytherin girls sitting there. "What do you think you're doing in my spot?"