No Escape

The rest of the year zipped by as Harry and I were called the Hogwarts power-couple. I've never been happier. Harry and I didn't talk about marriage again, but he did move in with me. The Golden Trio and I went on a tropical holiday together before Harry and Granger began working at the Ministry.

     For weeks now, I'd been anxiously awaiting an Owl to inform me if I'd made it into Medical school.

     "Mister Malfoy, this was just delivered." Yao, my personal cook, and trainer came walking up to me with a letter in his hand.

     My heart skipped a beat as I hoped that it held the news I was waiting for. "Didn't the Owl's already arrive today?"

     "This was brought by messenger."

     I took the envelope. When I ran my thumb over the silky high-grade parchment, I stopped breathing. I knew who it was from without looking at the names scrolled across it.

     Panic clawed at the back of my mind and cleared my throat to stay focused. "Thank you, Yao. Are you finished for the day?"

     "Yes. I will see you in the morning for our five-mile run."

     Waving, I said, "See you tomorrow, then."

     The small man walked away. Once I heard the front door click closed behind him, my shaking fingers slowly unrolled the parchment.

      Darling,

     You're missed.

     It's time to return, you've had your fun.

     I expect to see you soon.

     ≿Grandmaster Parkinson ≾

     FUCK!