Chapter Twenty Seven

Ethan's POV

"Take a step back." The paramedics quickly came into the warehouse and pushed all of us out of the way.

"It hurts." Jordyn whispered.

"It's okay sweetie." One of the male paramedics reassured her. "Just focus on controlling your breathing, all right?"

I was raging with anger, but my body was shaking in fear for Jordyn. I turned to face Josie and she was smirking at me.

"THIS IS ALL YOUR FUCKING FAULT!" I yelled and nearly put a hand on her before Grayson held me back.

"Me?" She acted shocked as her hands were cuffed behind her back and two officers held her.

"What's your problem anyway?! You know I don't want you and you know you couldn't do anything about it!"

"Oh trust me, I did something about it. Do you see her bleeding out on the ground?"

"Fuck you!" My face tensed up and I walked back. I wanted to slap her so much.

The paramedics had placed Jordyn on a gurney and were pumping oxygen into her body.

"W-where are you taking her?" I panicked as they were quickly moving her to the ambulance.

"She's quickly losing blood, we need to get her to the hospital immediately."

"Ethan, we need you for questioning." Grayson quickly came over to me.

"No I need to go with Jordyn." They were already putting her in the ambulance.

"Ethan." He darted his eyes towards me. "There's nothing you can do. They'll take care of her, but right now we have to talk to the police to get rid of Josie."

I made my way over to the police and tried to get over this quickly. The ambulance drove off fast.

-one hour later-

"Where's Jordyn Mills?" I quickly ran up to the ER counter. "She just came in an hour ago."

"I'm sorry sir, it seems to be that she's in surgery." My eyes widened.

"SURGERY!?" I yelled.

"I'm sorry, that's all I know right now."

I turned around and walked towards the seating area. Everyone sat in seats around me while I tapped my foot on my ground. I couldn't keep my mind from the possibilities of Jordyn's life ending.

I picked up my phone and called my mom.

"Hey sweetie, where are you?" I stood up and walked around when she answered.

"The hospital. Jordyn's here." I tried not to crack my voice.

"Honey, are you okay? Your father and I are on our way."

"I don't know, please just get here. I really need you." I hung up the phone and sat down in my exact spot. I tapped my foot on the ground again to try and distract myself slightly.

"Ethan, Riley and I are going to head down to grab some food. You want anything?" Grayson asked me. I shook my head then they slowly made their way to the elevator.

Matt moved chairs and sat next to me.

"She's going to be alright, E."

"How do you know?" I rested my elbows on my knees.

"We found her out of thousands of homes."

"No we didn't." I sat up and looked at him straight in the face. "We didn't do shit. My mom did it because she saw me depressed for days. Plus, I know where she is. She's here. Dying, and I can't do a single thing about it."