Chapter Twenty Three

PLS REMEMBER THIS POV!!! IM SORRY I KEEP CHANGING IT!!

Ethan's POV

The next morning I was up way before Jordyn. I decided to go downstairs to the lobby to grab some breakfast for Jordyn and I.

I was in line to grab some eggs and bacon for the both of us when this guy about my age came down with two plates.

"Breakfast for the girlfriend too?" I asked him and he yawned while nodding his head.

"Completely hungover." He rolled his eyes. "You?"

"Basically." Eh, she was going crazy, but it's basically the same thing. "Not the kind of vacation I had in mind."

"I get you man." He finished grabbing his eggs and we walked our way to the seating area in the lobby. "So what brings you guys to the resort?"

"Just a quick getaway from everything, it's kind of hectic at home."

"We're the same. Her best friend passed away recently and she's been having a really hard time with it. I haven't been able to talk to any guys because she's been crying constantly. I can't blame her though, it's hard, I don't know."

"I'm sorry for your guys' lose." I let there be a slight moment of silence.

"Thanks man, but what about you guys. Everything okay?"

"Ha, yeah. It's a LONG story honestly so I won't bore you with the details, but she's technically my foster sister." I looked to him and his eyes were wide. "Yeah, she had a messed up childhood. Anyways she came to us a couple of years ago and I've honestly loved her ever since. But there's always something that messes her life up, whether that be stuff from her past or stuff from mine. So, yeah, there's not much to it without all of the crazy details."

"Wow, two years. That's impressive."

"I would think so also." I really didn't know how to take a compliment, Jesus. "Nah, but seriously, I would literally die for her. With everything she's been through, she deserves the rest of her life."

I meant every word.

We talked for a a little bit longer until we both decided we should both go back up the room and give our girlfriend's their breakfast. We were both in the elevator going up and it just opened to his floor.

"Oh dude I never got your name." I stopped him before he fully left.

"Carson."

"Ethan."

"I'll catch you later Ethan." The elevator doors closed and I made my way back up to my room.

As I unlocked the door and walked in the room, Jordyn was just waking up.

"What time is it?" She rubbed her eyes.

"Almost noon." I said while giving her the plate of food.

She rubbed the side of her forehead and groaned, like she was hungover.

"Why do I feel like shit? Did I drink or something?" She began to eat the eggs.

"You had a slight freak out." I sat on the bed next to her and let her eat her food in silence.

"I'm sorry for freaking out so much over this Josie shit, it's stupid."

"Stop, it's not your fault. Don't apologize." I rubbed her back and she smiled at me.

+++

A few hours passed since Jordyn woke up and we were just hanging out in our room until we decided that we should go out and enjoy the water while we still can.

Jordyn walked out of the bathroom in a red and white bikini. She walked over to the bed and put on some jean shorts to wear while we were walking down to the beach. I already changed into my swimsuit and was taking off my t-shirt I slept in.

I looked Jordyn up and down before grabbing our phones from the charger. She walked over to the bathroom again to look at her body and situated her bikini top again.

"Don't worry, you look good." I leaned in the doorway and she smiled while I handed her her phone.

We both walked out of the hotel, hand in hand, and onto the sandy beach after picking up some towels at the pool patio.

We set them down away from the other people enjoying their sunny day. Jordyn took her jean shorts off and sat down on the towel.

I leaned back on my elbows while she put her sunglasses on.

"Hey, Ethan right?" I heard some guy talking. I sat up fully and took my sunglasses off.

"Carson right?" I stood up from the towel. He nodded his head and Jordyn stood up as well. "This is Jordyn." I introduced him.

"Hey, it's good to meet you." He shook her hand and a girl came walking towards us. "Oh, this is my girlfriend-"

"JOSIE!" Jordyn yelled and flung herself at her. They both fell onto the ground and I quickly pulled Jordyn away before she could hit Carson's girlfriend.

"WOAH, WHAT THE-" His girlfriend started yelling.

"Jordyn, look at me." I held her in my arms before she started crying.

"She's here Ethan."

"No, she's not. That's not her Jord." I rocked her back and forth. "She's not here, okay?"

She took in a deep breath and looked into my eyes.

"She's not here?"

"She's not here." I rubbed her arm with the pad of my thumb. We both stood up and Carson was still standing there with his girlfriend. She was slightly standing behind him, probably scared.

"I'm really sorry. I'm going through a lot of shit and I'm seriously paranoid. I didn't mean to scare and hurt you." She walked up to his girlfriend. She stepped away from Carson and closer to Jordyn.

"It's okay, I'm going through some shit myself." She smiled at Jordyn and I'm pretty sure she smiled back. I couldn't quite see her face. "I'm Julie by the way."

"Jordyn."

A little rough start of the day, but it's okay we're getting through it. I just feel so bad that she thinks almost every person that talks to us is Josie. I can't even imagine what is going through her mind right now.