Chapter Eighteen

Jordyn's POV

Right after school, Riley drove me back to my house so I could grab some more clothes and my soccer clothes. Ethan and Grayson had football practice right after school and Riley and I have soccer practice at 3:30, in about an hour. This was the only time we could come over.

"Ethan is that you?" Lisa yelled from her office, by the living room.

"No, it's Jordyn." I yelled back and she walked through the kitchen to see me.

"Hey sweetie, how are you doing?" She gave me a hug and sat us down on the island stools, while she stood across from us.

"I'm trying." I shrugged my shoulders. "It's hard." I felt like I was going to cry, it was the struggle of keeping the tears inside.

"Honey." She walked over to me and rubbed my back.

"I see him everyday and I live with him. How do I get over this?" Tears then started to fall down my red cheeks. "Is it suppose to be this hard, mom?" I didn't realize it at the time, but I called her mom for the first time.

"No, for normal teenage relationships it's not, but you guys are different. You actually love each other. So, yes it's hard to get over someone you love and adore. I'm sorry you guys are going through this." She kissed my cheek. I swiped the tears off of my cheeks and took a few deep breaths.

"I thought he loved me." I pulled my sleeves over my hands and wiped my tears.

"He does."

"But he kissed Elizabeth. He knows she hates me."

"Jordyn, I know this is the last thing you want to hear, but have you tried to listen to his side of the story."

"Yes." I nodded.

"Did you fully listen?" She sternly looked at me and I shook my head.

"But I don't want to listen. He kissed her and that's all I need to know." She looked at me again with that 'mom' look and I groaned. "Fine, I'll do it tomorrow." She looked at me again with the same face. "Okay fine, I'll do it today." I held my hands up in defense and walked towards the stairs to get my clothes.

I grabbed my duffle bag and shoved some clothes into it, along with my soccer cleats and shorts.

"Have fun at practice girls." Lisa called from the kitchen and we waved goodbye to her.

Riley, then drove us to the school for our soccer practice.

We walked in the locker room and the rest of the girls were already in there, changing.

"Hey girl." Everyone looked at me. "How are you feeling?" Okay, so I guess someone was gossiping about Ethan and I.

"Okay, I guess." I shrugged my shoulders and walked over to my locker. I began to change into a t-shirt and soccer athletic shorts.

Everyone gave me a pity smile and I actually wanted to die.

I finished putting on my soccer cleats and walked out with Riley by my side. Everyone else was behind us.

"Good afternoon girls." The coach welcomed us as we all reached the bleachers and bench.

She told us what to for practice, but I totally zoned out. I was just focused on everyone knowing about Ethan and I. Like, I knew people knew about us, but I didn't know everyone was so involved with it.

"Jordyn," The coach called for me. I turned my attention towards her and everyone else went towards the center of the field. "Can I talk to you for a minute?" I nodded.