Mermaids Point

Serenaded by my dearest's screams, I tore through the highways, dodging cars left and right

Serenaded by my dearest's screams, I tore through the highways, dodging cars left and right. Adrenaline pumped through my veins and I couldn't hold back my grin as a pedestrian's car was smashed by one of the police vans pursuing me. I could barely tear my eyes from the scene of flames and - Ooh, was that a dead body? Splendid!

But, the cliff was in front of me. Just a little longer - 

I slammed my foot down on the pedal and away we went.

It wasn't long until the entrance stood before me. I felt like a madman, screaming in laughter as I barely evaded the police. They were on my tail, but I had no worries. Nothing could separate me and my love!

Nothing.

Ariel was screaming louder, and out of my peripheral, I could see blood from her mouth.  What a lovely shade of lipgloss.

I hit the breaks as I squealed in, slamming into the guardrail. A rather hearty *thunk* came from the passenger's side, and Ariel slumped forward. 

Climbing out quickly, I had grasped her arm firmly and with a pull, she was mine for the taking. In one arm I held her, and with the other, I held the knife that took her tongue, still coated with streaks of red. 

With hardly a moment more of hesitation, I moved forward.