Mermaids Beginning

Colton- Er, Eric, spent the next ten minutes yelling out every swear word he could recall. How could he have been so fucking foolish, trusting the old geezer? It'd be his luck that the one person least likely to remember who he was become a traitor of his trust, even if he had given little of it.

Ariel stirred, in between dream and reality. Not that she'd be able to do much to him, bodily mutilation tended to sap the energy out of you, or so he heard. And while he had only severely impacted her ability to form coherent sentences, it was rather doubtful she would try to scream. While he hadn't personally experienced it, he could only imagine that it would be extremely painful to do anything with the small hunk of tongue left.

He tried to drive as normal as possible, at least for a wanted criminal. It would do no good to stand out. Diving fast may get him further, but it also raised the risk of getting into a police chase.

No, he would save that for if he was spotted.

Reaching over, he turned on the radio. 

A classical station came on, to no one's surprise. He groaned, fiddling with the dial distractedly as he tried to find some actual, quality music, or a news station. 

Everything happened in the span of a few short seconds.

He found the local news station.

His foot slipped, going down much harder than anticipated on the accelerator. 

Ariel emitted a groan, some saliva flying over and hitting his face.

He also passed a 35 mph sign, although that didn't really register in his mind.

He sat up in his seat immediately, trying to slow down, when the last thing he ever wanted to hear sounded.

The "whoop" of a police siren blared from behind him.