Mermaids Days

The next two days passed with nothing interesting happening

The next two days passed with nothing interesting happening. But, that would change. Tonight was it. The night. 

I had been waiting my whole life for this moment. The night I would ensnare Ariel, taking her for my prize.

Oh, my nerves were just eating me up. What if I wear the wrong clothes? I most certainly wouldn't want to give off the wrong impression when she doesn't even know the me behind the mask. 

So, I pulled out my full outfit. You couldn't possibly think I didn't have the accurate clothes, could you?

A loose white deep v neck, all wrinkles pressed perfectly out, high brand blue fleece pants, a silky red scarf I had modified to be a belt, and of course a pair of black boots. 

 I smiled at my reflection. I was handsome, a perfect replica. 

Oh, don't get the wrong idea about me. I can see it on your face Meahnan, you're asking why I wasted all that time.

But, I didn't just sit on my ass. I may have lost most of Ariel's trust, but her friend, who was destined to be Aquata, was still on the table. I reached out, and we instantly connected. She even thanked me for the spa treatment.

It was a little strange how she didn't seem cautious about me, but nonetheless, I kept my walls up high as I talked with her. I'm not an idiot, after all.

In fact, I had all sorts of equipment for tonight.

I had an old wool sweater I had divided in half, and a roll of gauze to hold it in place. I had chosen mom's favorite salon for a reason. It was in a very secluded spot, and was so understaffed that only two people could be pampered at once. 

Can I confess something? Admittedly, they were quite cheap. I could have easily paid for them without blackmailing, but the simple thrill of causing someone such utter pain, to pay someone to prevent what had already happened, to see his face of anguish upon the television, oh, just thinking about it made me shiver in anticipation.

If I can't get my drug from Ariel's friend, I'll merely have to buy it somewhere else.

Looking back, I wish I had just stayed home.