Chapter 12

I still had a slight headache and my body kind of hurts for throwing that man on the ground. After last night, my mom would not let me out of her sight. I was able to convince my mom to let me go to Pop's with Veronica and boy was that tough.

"Are you okay?" Betty and Kevin asked as soon as I walked into the restaurant.

"I'm fine guys, really?" I said laughing. "What about Moose? Is he okay?"

"His name is Moose. He's fine" Kevin said chuckling.

"Valetina, what the hell I've been texting you. You too Jughead," Archie said coming out of nowhere.

"Archie, Jughead was just telling us what happened yesterday," Betty explained.

"Though I checked out at construction and site," Veronica said twirling her hair.

"Moose and I are going to the Southside to find those serpents. Are you two in," Archie asked.

"Whoa, Hey! You didn't say it was the Serpents that beat up Moose and Len," Betty said shocked.

"That's because we don't know that for a fact," I said rolling my eyes.

"Well, it's still worth a shot if it will help my dad. Kevin's boyfriend can get us in," Archie stated.

"Get you in where?" Jughead asked confused.

"To some bar where the Serpents hang out. If Moose or Ari spots them, we can call Sheriff Keller and gets those goons arrested," Archie explained.

"Archie, the Serpents are dangerous. They're drug dealers," Betty stated.

"What? Says who?" Jughead said shocked.

"Polly, remember. Trev told us that Jason was dealing drugs and it was for the Serpents," Betty explained.

"You heard my dad, Jughead. Clifford Blossom is trying to torpedo him. Sheriff Keller basically blew him off right in front of us. Somebody has to do something," Archie ranted.

"Arch, I know you want to help your dad, but do you really think this is the best way?" I asked.

"Yeah, going into that bar is a bad idea," Jughead said agreeing with me.

"Look, are you guys coming with me," he asked looking at Jughead and I intently. When he saw that we didn't move, he got up angrily. "Thanks for having my back guys," Archie said storming off.

"It's okay Juggie," I said rubbing his arm. I knew his dad was a Serpent. I saw him at the drive in and walking around town one day on my way home.

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

The baby shower was in full swing by the time I left my room

The baby shower was in full swing by the time I left my room. I was trying my hardest to avoid Valerie at all costs. That was proving to be hard in this small space. Jughead an Betty were having an intimate conversation. Alice and Polly were mending their relationship. Veronica was talking to Josie and the Pussycats. I was standing in the corner talking to my mom when the door burst open.

"We're here!" Cheryl said walking in. "No big deal, it's only the best stroller money can buy," she said showing the stroller to Polly.

"So expensive," Polly said at a loss for words.

"All I ask in return is that you make me your baby's godmother," Cheryl said smiling. "Kidding!" she said once she heard Betty clear her throat. "So not kidding. Come on, Nana Rose, let's get you a good spot by the food," she said wheeling her grandma away.

"Let me begin with an apology," Mrs. Blossom said walking towards Polly. "When I first heard about the baby, my initial instinct was to embrace the baby but not you. I was wrong. I hope you can forgive me."

Polly nodded her head in agreement and we were proceeding with gifts when Archie stormed in.

"What do you think that is about?" I asked Ronnie as I saw Archie and Jughead have a heated conversation.

"I don't know, but we have to stop them from making a scene," she said getting up.

"Did you know Jughead's father was a serpent?" Archie said once Betty, Veronica and I neared them.

"No," Betty said staring at Juggie.

"Actually, yes," I said shrugging my shoulders.

"What?" all four of them yelled.

"Quiet down, you're making a scene," I said noticing everyone looking at us.

"Look, this is Polly's day. You two need to check yourselves. I mean it," Veronica said grabbing Archie's arm and walking him out. I was about to walk away with Betty when Jughead grabbed my arm.

"How did you know my dad was a serpent?" he asked confused.

"I saw you and him at the drive-in," I explained. "I didn't say anything because it wasn't my place. You never said anything about it, so I didn't."

"Thank You," he said smiling at him.

"You're very welcome Juggie," I said patting him on the back and walking away.

This town is full of secrets. There is always something waiting to be uncovered.