Chapter 7

We were all sitting in a booth at Pop's listening to Jughead rant about the drive-in movie.

"The drive-in closing is just one more nail in the coffin that is Riverdale. No, forget Riverdale, in the coffin in the American Dream. As the godfather of indie cinema, Quentin Tarantino, likes to say..." Jughead says before I cut him off.

"Juggie please, no more Quentin Tarantino references," I said laughing.

"What? I'm pissed. And not just about losing my job. The Twilight Drive-In should mean something to us. People need to be trying to save it," he says sighing.

"In this age of Netflix and VOD, do people really need to watch movies in a car?" I questioned.

"Right. I mean, who even goes there anyway," Veronica says picking at her nails.

"People who want to buy crack," Kevin says bored while Ronnie laughed.

"And car cinephiles and car enthusiasts," Jughead added.

"But do those people really matter when there are crackheads" I said giggling.

"Betty tells them I'm right," Jughead says.

"Totally," Betty said spaced out.

"Anyway, it's closing because the town owns it, but didn't invest in it. So, when an anonymous buyer made the mayor an offer, she couldn't refuse," Jughead explains.

"Anonymous buyer? What do they have to hide? No one cares," Ronnie says confused.

"I do. Also, you guys should come to the closing tonight. I'm thinking American Graffiti. Or, is that too obvious," Jughead says rethinking his choice.

"I vote for anything starring Audrey Hepburn or Cate Blanchett," Kevin states.

"Or the talented Mr. Ripley," Ronnie added in.

"Or Scarface," I suggest.

"Betty, your choices?" Juggie asks.

"You okay B," Ronnie asked.

"Yeah, I'm just thinking," she responds. Bullshit. Something is wrong with her; she is a terrible liar. "Um, Rebel Without a Cause," she finally suggests.

"Here you go kids," my mom said handing us our food.

"Thanks Mom," Veronica and I thanked.

"Be sure to put all that cash in the register,. You are a Lodge. After all, Lodges are known to have sticky fingers," I heard Cheryl snicker.

"What. Did. You. Just. Say," I said menacingly as I stood up.

"Honey, I got this," my mom said calmly. "Cheryl, I went to school with your mother. She didn't know the difference between having money and having class either," she taunts before walking off.

"Now that's an odd combo of people," Jughead said as the doorbell to Pop's rang.

"I'll be right back," Betty says as she noticed it was Archie, Ms. Grundy and Mr. Andrews.

"No Betty wait," Jughead says trying to stop her.

"No don't wait. What's happening?" Kevin asked confused.

"What is going on out there? Do we know? Is it about you Len?" Veronica asked confused.

"I wish it was that simple," I muttered.

"I'll be right back," Ronnie said once she noticed how intense the argument between Betty and Archie was getting.

"I'm coming with you," I said getting up.