Chapter 3

I laughed as Veronica struggled to zip up her dress. "Ronnie do you need help?" I asked giggling.

"I thought you would never ask," she responded sarcastically. I zipped up the back of her dress and complimented her look.

"Why aren't you dressed yet? We're going to be late," she said quickly. "Here let me help you." Before I could say anything, Veronica sat me down and did my hair and makeup.

"Now go put on that sexy dress of yours, so we can leave," Ronnie said.

"You can leave Ronnie. I don't want to make you late for your date. I will meet you guys there," I told my sister. As she left, I began to put on my dress. I was going to be fashionably late and make my grand entrance.

As I walked into the gym, I started to look for Ronnie, Archie, and Veronica

As I walked into the gym, I started to look for Ronnie, Archie, and Veronica. I didn't realize that all eyes turned towards me. I saw a photo of a redheaded boy, dressed in a football jersey. I assumed it was the famed Jason Blossom.

I eventually found my sister and our friends. Betty was admiring Archie with a loving look in her eye. He obviously wasn't paying attention because he was looking at the music teacher. That changed when Veronica greeted me.

"You finally made it," Veronica said happily. "And might I say, you look great little sister."

"Thank you. I got to give you props for doing a good job with my hair and makeup," I said.

"Valentina, you look beautiful," Archie greeted.

"You don't look so bad yourself Archiekins," I said back.

"When do you have to let Coach Clayton know about football," Betty asked changing the subject.

"Guys, can't we liberate ourselves from the tired dichotomy of jock, artist? Can't we in this post-James Franco world, be all things at once?" Veronica asked tiredly.

"I've been working on it," Archie explained.

"Well, work faster. I'm going to get some punch," I said walking away, but not before seeing Ronnie mouth something to Betty.

"I'm going with her," Veronica said pulling me away.

"What was that about?" I asked once we were out of earshot.

"Betty is going to tell Archie how she really feels," Veronica explains.

"Huh. Interesting," I stated.

"Valentina Lodge," some random guy said walking up to my sister and me, "I haven't had the honor of introducing myself."