Chapter 2

It was our first day as sophomores at Riverdale High. The nerves of being the new girl were slightly getting to Ronnie and I. We both decided to dress to impress (outfit is above). After all, first impressions are the ones that matter.

"I am not looking forward to meeting new people Ronnie," I admitted.

"I know Lena, but a new beginning will be good for us." She said.

We walked into the traditional doors of Riverdale High and were met with a less enthusiastic Betty.

"So, I usually start my tours off with a little history and context. Riverdale High first opened its doors in 1941 and..." Betty stated before I cut her off.

"...and hasn't been redecorated since apparently," I said.

"Honestly, I feel like I'm wandering through the last epilogue of Our-Town," added Veronica. We all laughed at her joke. My sister has always been able to spot terrible decor and match them to weird references that I sometimes didn't understand.

"So what's the social scene here? Any nightclubs?" Ronnie asked.

"There is a bar, but I don't remember what it is called," I stated shrugging my shoulders. I remember sneaking away from my father and visiting the interesting bar on our last trip here, two summers ago.

"A strip club called the Ho Zone and a tragic gay bar called Innuendo. Friday nights, football games and then tailgate parties at the Mallmart parking lot. Saturday night is movie night, regardless of what's playing at the Bijou, and you better get there early, because we don't have reserved seating in Riverdale. And Sunday nights Thank God for HBO," the random guy finished, while putting his arm around Betty.

"Veronica and Valentina Lodge. Kevin Keller. They're new here. Kevin is..." Betty says introducing us before she was once again being cut off.

"...gay, Thank God. Let's be friends." Ronnie said laughing shaking his hand. Veronica had to have a gay best friend; they complete her group.

"Valentina," I say, shaking his hand. He seemed very nice; a genuine friend, which is something that I desperately needed. He also seemed like he knew how to party, which is an ultimate plus.

"Is is true what they say about your dad?" He asked curious. We should have known that the news would spread like wildfire. So much for a new start.

"That he's the devil incarnate," Ronnie said.

"Although that may be true, we stand by our father," I stated defensively. Completely fixing the mess Ronnie was about to make. Although we are not on completely good terms with our father, us Lodge's must be unified.

"Does everyone here know?" Ronnie asked. I don't even know why she asked. Everyone in the United States knew about our father and his supposed illegal activities. When they nodded their heads, my assumptions were correct.

"Great. Ten seconds in and we are already the Blue Jasmines of Riverdale High," Veronica snapped bitterly. She wanted to be known because of her actions, not that of our fathers and I couldn't blame her.

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

"Oh, I almost forgot to mention. There is a back-to-school semi-formal dance this weekend," Betty says as she starts to go on about the upcoming events. She was starting to bore me and Veronica, probably even Kevin too.

"Oh! That's the hottie that was totally eyeing you last night 'Lena," Veronica said enthusiastically grasping my arm. I quickly glance at Archie and shushed her. I had to admit, working out did him numbers. He looked gorgeous.