Chapter 10

Veronica and I had a much-needed sister to sister talk last night. She ranted about our mom affair with Fred Andrews. She even told me that our mom forged our signatures on the SoDale contract. I knew my mom was doing everything in her power to keep us afloat, but sleeping with another man an forging our signatures on contracts was not what I had in mind. Payback was in order and my sister and I have just the way of delivering it.

"What is all this?" my mom asked as Veronica and I walked in the room with boxes.

"Some retail therapy to salvage our emotional wounds, a few treasures from Glamazon.com," my sister said smiling. "Smithers be a love and put those in our rooms."

"Girls, the nest egg that your father left us barely covers the rent of this apartment. We can't live beyond our means," our mom replied.

"Are you sure, mother? Not even your cushy new job working for your high-school boyfriend?" I ask smirking.

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

We were sitting in the student lounge listening to Betty talk about her sister. I knew her family was crazy but this takes the cake. What type of parents locks their daughter in a room because they are pregnant.

"My mom and dad don't want to get the police involved. They don't want anyone to know about her shameful condition," Betty explains.

"Please, what decade is this," I said annoyed.

"Also, because she knew where Jason's getaway car was, they're afraid people might think she burned it and that if she did..." Betty trails off.

"She could be the murderer trying to cover her tracks," Jughead finished.

"Who did burn the car then?" Archie asked confused.

"Sheriff Keller says it's possible someone was following us," Betty answered.

"Oh my God," I exclaimed.

"Honestly guys, we should just move," Veronica stated.

"Guys, what if Polly's really hurt? What if whoever killed Jason is coming after her next?" Betty asked worried and Jughead puts an arm around her to comfort her.

"Betty, even though your parents don't want to, maybe you should go to the police," Archie said hesitantly.

"Second it," Ronnie and I said at the same time.

"We can talk to my dad together about how he has to be discrete," Kevin says.

"No offense, Kev, but your dad answers to a higher authority than God, the Blossoms. They're the first person that he would tell," Jughead stated.

"And if there's anyone to keep this secret from, it's the Blossoms. They'd twist it around and go after Polly out of spite," Betty said agreeing with Jughead.

"How can we help?" I ask worriedly.

"Tell us, B. and we'll do it," Veronica added on.

We decided that we would set up a search party to help find Polly. After we made our plans, Veronica, Kevin, Betty and I stayed in the student lounge.

"Did I just notice Riverdale High's very own Holden Caulfield put his arm around you?" Veronica asked in shock once Archie and Jughead were out of earshot.

"Okay, so these past couple of days, I haven't been in a great place, emotionally. Jughead was really there for me," Betty said smiling.

"Oh my God! Swoon," Kevin said ecstatically.