Chapter 1

Why did my father have to get arrested now of all times? Life wasn't great in New York, but it was getting better. My family was happy and now everything is crashing down around us. My sister is out of control. She doesn't know what to think of dad and his activities and honestly, I think that's for the best. All of my dads' money, assets, and houses have been taken by the police. In other words, we are broke. On top of that, we have to move, and to Riverdale of all places! It was supposed to be me and my dads' special place, our safe-haven. Without him, things are going to be interesting. Hopefully, I get to see my favorite redhead.

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

I was sitting in the backseat of a cab, squished between my mom and Ronnie. Veronica was not pleased to hear that we were moving from the Big City to a small town. I, on the other hand, hoped that our experience in Riverdale will be nothing like New York. I needed a fresh start and hoped that our move would provide one for me. I think the rest of my family needs one too.

We finally arrived to where ever it was we were supposed to be staying, in this quaint town.

"Now brace yourself. The apartment's small, a pied-a-tierre, but....." My mom, Hermione Lodge began.

"Quality, always." We all said together.

"Plus, it's the only piece of property in my name and not your father's." She explained mainly to my sister who had a look of discomfort on her face. I was just happy we left the city and had a place to stay.

"Hermione! Welcome home!" an old man greeted.

"Smithers! Oh, you are a sight for sore eyes." My mom greeted back.

"How was the ride?" He asked concerned.

"No traffic, thank God." My mom explained. "Smithers, I'd like to introduce you to my daughters, Veronica and Valentina".

"It's a pleasure." He said happily.

"Hi." my sister said dryly. "Hi, it's nice to meet you," I said.

"I'll get the bags." He stated. "Oh, and would you like some menus, ma'am, so you can order in?"

"Oh, no." My mom said, "I have been craving one of Pop Tate's cheeseburgers since noon. Is his Chock'lit Shoppe still open? "

"What is a Chock'lit Shoppe and why does it sell burgers?" asked my sister.

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

Apparently, my mom saw it fit that Ronnie and I picked up our order at Pops. She thought it would be a good way to get to know the town. The entire way there, Ronnie complained about how boring this town was going to be. Little did we know, she was VERY wrong.

Veronica and I entered Pop's Chock'Lit Shoppe to pick up our order. While Veronica talked with Pop, I took the opportunity to look around the restaurant. I saw a familiar redhead staring at me.

"Valentina?" asked Archie. "Archie?".

He got up from the booth and hugged me.

"I missed you. When you didn't come down this summer I got worried," Archie confessed.

"I'm sorry; I should have called. There was family drama that I wouldn't bother boring you with the details," I explained.

Archie was about to say something but was cut off by a blonde girl.

"You two know each other?" asked the blonde. "Yea, this is Valentina. We go way back," said Archie enthusiastically. The girl seemed to be very confused and kind of jealous. "Well, I'm Betty. It's very nice to meet you," she said.

My sister walked over and decided to enter the conversation.

"Hi," said Veronica.

"Hey," Archie said.

"Are the onion rings here as good as I remember?"I questioned.

"So good." He stated.

"Can we get some onion rings, too, please?" Veronica asked Pop.

"My mom, sister and I just moved here" Veronica stated.

"From where? asked Betty.

"New York," I said.

"Do you guys go to Riverdale?' Ronnie asked.

"We do" began Archie.

"Both of us. Together." Betty cut off.

"We're sophomores." Archie finished.

"Us too." Ronnie chipped in. "We're filled with dread."

"Why is that?" He asked

"Are you familiar with the works of Truman Capote? We're Breakfast at Tiffany's, but this place is strictly In Cold Blood," Ronnie said laughing.

Archie finally introduced Betty to Ronnie.

"Wait, are you supposed to giving us our tour tomorrow?" I asked

"Yes," she began. "I'm your peer mentor."

"Do you want to join us? Hey, maybe we can un-fill you with dread." Archie proposed.

"Our mom's waiting for us. But, to be continued Archiekins," I said.

As we walked out of Pops, Veronica said, "This town isn't going to be boring after all."

"I already called dibs on the redhead. Maybe we could find another one for you." I said laughing.

I hope you guys enjoy the story. If you have any questions or suggestions, be sure to comment.