Chapter 11

Seven of us sat in the student lounge discussing Polly. Polly is feeling that she and her baby are unwanted. We were trying to come up with something that would make her feel wanted.

"Polly's convinced herself that no one wants the baby," Betty told us.

"Besides, of course, the child snatching Blossom monsters," Kevin added in causing me to slap him in the back of the head.

"Kevin! Hello Blossom present in the room," I said incredulously. "He means no offense," I said to Cheryl.

"None taken," Cheryl said shrugging her shoulders.

"So your mom and dad want Polly, but not the baby and the Blossoms want the baby, but not Polly," Jughead said clarifying.

"It's an impossible situation," Betty said shaking her head.

"Betty, come on. An impossible situation is being invited to the Vanity Fair Oscar Party and Elton John's Oscar Party on the same night. Which happened to me one year, I know. This is merely an annoying situation," Ronnie rambled.

"Luckily, I have an idea," I announced which caused all eyes to look towards me. "It's very simple actually. What if we throw her a baby shower?" I asked.

"Count me in," Cheryl chirped.

"I mean, you want her to feel loved and supported right," I said looking at Betty. "This is possibly the best way to do it."

"Yeah, but ideally her own parents," Betty explained.

"Baby steps. Get Polly and your parents in the same room. Which would be a public setting, meaning they can't fight. Baby shower + Public setting equals healing," I state.

"Am I expected to come to this thing," Jughead asked.

"Of course. You're Betty's boyfriend, so you're kind of obligated," Veronica told him drinking her hot chocolate. "Oh my God people relax. It's just a word that starts with a B." she said rolling her eyes.

"Betty, what do you say?" I asked hopefully.

"Elizabeth Copper," we heard somebody yelled.

"Mom," Betty asked confused.

"I need you and you two," she said pointing to my sister and I. "Right now!"

"Sheriff Keller told us everything," she said once we were all in the hallway. "How you're hiding Polly at the Pembroke?" she said in disbelief.

"Better than in an insane asylum," Betty muttered.

"Actually Mrs. Copper, this one is on me. I was the one that suggested that Polly stay with us," My sister explained.

"The Lodge's are trying to help. Unlike you and dad, who want Polly to give the baby up for adoption," Betty argued.

"Betty it's what's best for Polly and the baby," Alice said.

"Mom that's not your choice. Your choice is whether or not you want to be apart of Polly's life," Betty said defending her sister.

"Look, we are having a baby shower for your daughter Mrs. Blossom," I stated.

"Well, that's hardly inappropriate," Alice exclaimed.

"Really? Because I think it is an amazing idea. You want to be loving and supportive like a normal grandmother? Then, great. Otherwise stay away," Betty said before grabbing me and Veronica's hand storming away.

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️

We went back to the Pembroke to tell Polly and my mom about the baby shower idea. Betty took her time trying to convince Polly that the shower is a good idea. Eventually, Polly agreed.