Chapter 6

Betty, Veronica, Jughead and I sat in the student lounge listening to Archie explain what happened when he told Weatherbee and Sheriff Keller. After Cheryl admitted that Jason didn't drown and she heard a gunshot, he figured he had to do something to help.

"So are you a suspect now?" Veronica asked curiously.

"My dad says we all are, including me," Kevin says as he points around the room.

"Not me," I said confidently.

"Same, we don't know these people," Ronnie sassed.

"Guys we should maybe re-binge Making a Murder on Netflix," Kevin jokes.

"Sorry. Can't. Gotta stay late to work on the paper," Betty apologized.

"Count me out, too. I've got a date tonight," Veronica admits.

"I'm sorry. What? Why was I not told about this?" I asked glaring at her.

"Which Riverdale hottie made the cut?" Kevin asked excitedly.

"Hey, Vee-Lo," Chuck says grabbing Ronnie's attention. "I'll swing by the Pembrooke to pick you up at 8:00," He reminded her and my eyes bulged out of their socket.

"I'll be waiting," she promised.

"Chuck Clayton?" I yelled. He was a complete asshole. Not to mention, he was not Ronnie's type.

"You're going on a date with Chuck Clayton?" Kevin asked amazed.

"He's kind of a player," Betty warned.

"Yea, no kidding," I scoffed.

"Who cares? He's the hottest of the hot, and he's the varsity football coach's son," Kevin sighs. "In Riverdale, that's like dating a Kennedy," Veronica said smirking.

"Hey Valentina, what are you doing tonight?"Kevin asked me.

"Absolutely nothing. My life is boring," I said dramatically.

"Hey Lena can I talk to you," Reggie asked before Kevin could respond.

"What do you want?" I asked rolling my eyes.

"Please," he begged.

I got up and walked out of the student lounge with Reggie close behind. "Well?" I asked staring at him.

"Do you wanna go out with me tonight?" he asked shyly.

"Are you kidding me?" I asked shocked.

"What? What did I say?" he asked confused.

"You accused my friends of murder, punched Archie in the face and you think I would go out with you," I said in disbelief.

"Oh! That's right. You and Andrews have a thing," he said laughing. "Go ahead and pull on you little boy toys strings," he said bitterly.

"Fuck you," I snapped as I walked away from him, and back to my friends.