Chapter 5

The next day, we were all sitting in the student lounge area. Ronnie had just got done telling me that Betty truly has forgiven both of us. With a smile on my face, I sat next to Reggie and listened to him rant about the sheriff.

"And the sheriff's grilling me, Mantle the Magnificent. 'Cause I'd want Blossom dead. When he was like, the only good quarterback we had," Reggie said as Archie walked in glaring at how close Reggie and I were sitting. "And speaking of offensive tight-ends, I should've sent the cops to you, Moose. Because here's another unsolved mystery. What exactly were you and Kevin doing at the river? Or does being with the sheriff's son give you a free pass? Keller?" Reggie continued.

"Reggie is just being a dickhead. Ignore him Kev," Ronnie said smiling apologetically.

"I mean, let's think about it. If a kid at Riverdale killed Jason, it's not going to be a jock right? Now let's be honest, isn't is always some spooky, scrawny, pathetic internet troll, too busy writing his manifestos to get laid?" Reggie asked.

"Reggie shut up," I said after I realized he was talking about Jughead.

"Some smug, moody, serial killer fanboy freak, like Jughead," he said laughing. "What was it like, Suicide Squad? When you shot Jason? You didn't do stuff to the body, did you? Like..after?" he stupidly asked.

"It's called necrophilia Reggie. Can you spell it?" Jughead taunts.

"Come here, you little..." Reggie said as he got up and rushed over to Jughead.

"Hey! Shut the hell up Reggie," Archie snapped as he pushed Reggie away from Jughead.

"Boys." I calmly said getting out of my seat.

"Why do you care, Andrews?" Reggie snapped back confused.

"No reason, just leave him alone," Archie warned.

"Holy crap. Did you and Donnie Darko kill him together?" Reggie joked as he began to laugh. "Was it some sort of pervy, blood brother thing," he continued, pushing Archie's buttons.

"Okay, that's enough," I said standing in between the two. "How about we all just ease off the throttle, yeah?"

"Stay out of this Valentina," Archie muttered.

"Yeah, maybe you should listen to Andrews, Lena. Maybe you two can head to the janitors closet after this for round two," he chuckled.

Archie Andrews snapped. He pushed me into Jughead and then shoved Reggie. I thought I would never see the day where innocent Archie would get into a fight. Then again, he's not so innocent. Seeing as he's sleeping with his music teacher. Anyways, Reggie responded by slamming Archie into the vending machine and punched him in the face. Some of the other football players were able to break them apart.

"Oh please, Reginald. Like you wouldn't want a round with me too. Get the hell out of here," I said kneeling down to check on Archie. "I'm taking him to the nurse," I told Jughead as we helped Archie up.

"Are you okay?" I asked. "Getting into a fist fight was completely unnecessary," I said lecturing him.

"Excuse me for sticking up for my friends," he said sarcastically.

"We are perfectly capable of sticking up for ourselves Arch," I said as we got to the nurse's office. "Although that's sweet of you, look at yourself. You have a black eye. How far are you really willing to go to protect your loved ones?" I said staring at him intently.

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️ 

Before the game, I decided to talk to Jughead. I haven't had a decent conversation with him in a while. Not only that, I wanted to make sure he was okay from earlier. We both watched from a distance as Archie talked to Mrs. Grundy. It actually looked more like an argument than a friendly conversation.