Chapter 4

Sadly, the weekend was over and I could no longer hide from my problems. Archie texted me at 2 a.m. on the night of the dance saying that he found Betty. Not only that, he wanted to get together and talk. I have been avoiding him since that day and it's time that I face my issues.

Apparently, Veronica had said some things to hurt Betty's feelings. Together, we both came up with a plan to come up with a great apology. I ordered flowers and a mani-pedi for the three of us. Veronica had our favorite cupcakes flown in from New York with a special card attached.

〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️〰️ 

"Dear Betty, please forgive us. XOXO Len and V," I heard Kevin read me note. "Who the hell is Len and V?" he asked confused.

"Valentina and Veronica," Betty explained.

"The yellow represents friendship," I say butting in on their conversation.

"I had magnolia cupcakes flown in from New York," Ronnie said smiling.

"Like our mom always says," I began. "There's no wrong the right cupcake can't fix," Veronica and I say in unison.

"I also booked mani-pedis at Chez Salon. Blowouts too," I said happily.

"Look I'm not exactly sure what happened between Veronica and you, but we are both really sorry. I don't know what came over me," I explained.

"It was like you were possessed by Madam Satan," Kevin said sassily.

"It was like we were the old us," I said explaining.

"We will never do anything like that again. I swear on our mother's pearls. Can you just give us another chance?" Veronica asked hopefully.

"Okay," Betty agreed.

"What?" Veronica, Kevin and I said shocked.

"We'll take it! You wont regret it." I said excited.

"I'll bring these to lunch so we can celebrate." Veronica said as the bell rang dismissing us to Biology.

"Seats, everyone. Pair off, gloves on, scalpels up." Our teacher announced as he rushed into the classroom. I sat in my usual seat next to Archie.

"Look me and you have to talk, but I need to talk to Cheryl about something. Can I be her lab partner, just for today." Archie asked as I sat down.

"Sure, meet me at Pops after school," I said.

"Can I be with Cheryl?" Archie asked Mr. Howard.

"And can I be with Betty?" Veronica asked suddenly. I had no idea who I was going to sit with then. Betty and Veronica were pared up and Kevin was dragged away by some random dude. I saw a boy in a beanie sitting in the back of the classroom alone. I guess I will sit with him then.

"Do you mind if I sit here? I don't have a partner," I said nervously.

"Are you sure you want to sit with me? You reputation is going down every second your standing here talking to me," the boy responded.

"Eh, fuck reputation. You seem like a nice guy," I said smiling.

"The seat is yours then," he stated staring at me intently.

"Valentina Lodge," I said sticking my hand out.

"Jughead Jones," he responded shaking my hand.

"Well that's an interesting name. I assume it's a nickname," I said confused.

"Your the first person to say that. Most people assume my parents would name me something so...out the box," he said laughing.

"So why are you a lone wolf. Is that by choice or are you excluded from things," I asked curiously.