Chapter 1: The Agreement

Start from the beginning

"Oh, is that so? Then I've got no choice but to use our last resort." Erwin said and I could feel the tense on his voice.

So he's threatening me now? At first, he's asking me to choose either if I would accept his offer or not. And now... Never mind, that wouldn't work on me, you moron. If you want to outwit me, think wisely again. I don't have the time to play with shit.

"Levi, bring him to me." Erwin then ordered Levi. Although I can't see him because he's on my back and Erwin is no doubt watching within my every move and actions, I can still sense that he is holding a man towards my direction. I slowly glanced at them on my back, curious on what kind of threat Erwin is giving me this time.

As the saying goes, curiosity can get you killed.

At first, I didn't believe what I was seeing. But my eyes didn't betray me. My actions did. Because of me, this shit happened. Because of me, this happened to him. I was shocked. I can't even move an inch the moment I saw him in a situation like this. This isn't happening, right? Tell me that I am only dreaming. Tell me this isn't true.

Eric's face is covered with so much blood and multiple wounds, and Levi is pointing a gun next to his head.

"If you refuse, I won't hesitate to shoot a hole on this man. He's a close friend of yours, isn't he? I'm pretty sure we don't need to bust a hole on someone just to make you do what we want." Levi muttered, holding the trigger next to Eric's head.

"In addition, this brat is also a criminal like you, am I right?"

I didn't respond. I don't know what say.

"Well, I assume it's a yes. You know, if I were to kill this brat, the police would even thank me on killing this guy. In other words, even if I let him escape through this mess, he would still be in jail, but his life would be far from danger. However, if you say no, you'd be behind the bars and the life of your friend will be on the line."

Fuck it. I feel like I'm living like a livestock. I feel like I don't have a choice. This man... what's with him? They're...blackmailing me.

I don't know how they figured that Eric is a close friend of mine, but one thing is for sure: I have to get Eric out of all these shit that I've made, even if it sounds impossible.

"YOU BASTARDS! LET HIM GO!" I roared, yelling as loud as I can. I don't know why, but it is the first thing that came out of my mouth. I just can't stand seeing him like this. But at this rate, his life lies on my hands.

Why the hell do they have to blackmail me? This is completely unfair and unjustifying! They even have the urge to torture Eric like that!
If they want something to me, why do they have to involve Eric? This is my entire fault, not his. So I'm the one who needs to solve this shit.

Another question here is that how Eric got in here. Did Kenny ask him to guide me in this mission, considering that I don't have any guards around?

"Now brat, what would be your choice? Join the Survey Corps or lose the precious life of your dearest friend? Would it be the latter?" Levi asked again, his eyes won't leave Eric, holding him closer, making sure that he won't try to escape.

I glared at his steel gray eyes. They're blank as a wall which made me feel angrier. It's like what they're doing is just natural.

This little man is taking it too far. I want to make his raven hair get bald, if I only have a blade that I could use to do that to him.

I don't want to lose Eric. Although he is so annoying, he is the reason why I learned how to fight. He and Kenny teached me how to continue my life and how to defend myself from the cruel world. He may be worse for other people's eyes, but he has a good heart, no matter what people say about him. He is my savior, he's always right there for me, he's too overprotective when it comes to me. He supports and sometimes disagree on my desicions. He is a special friend of mine.