Chapter 39: MAMA awards pt.2

Start from the beginning

(What I imagined ; ) With their own song of course)

During your entire dance, you were aware of Jimin's proximity. His body close to yours, your skin touching, sending shivers through your entire nerve system, your heart running a marathon in your chest. Your voices melted together perfectly, harmonizing. It was nothing like performing with BTS. It felt more intimate, more important.

Meanwhile :

The rest of the boys had turned back to their seats and looked at your performance with wide eyes. They had never seen it since you had insisted on them seeing it for the first time when it was perfect. They were all stunned by the choreography and admired how in synch you were both while dancing.

"Woahhh. This is a really hard choreography and they nail it." Hoseok exclaimed and analyzed your every movement.

"I didn't think they'd be this close. Thank god they're back together, this would've been awkward otherwise..." Namjoon whispered to Yoongi who chuckled.

"ARMY is going to go crazy about this." Jin mouthed and they all nodded in agreement. "People are already going crazy." Tae noted and they started to look around, noticing the idols around them staring at the stage in awe. "Well. They're going to go crazier over what Jimin's going to pull later on." Jungkook said smirking, "True." Hoseok chuckled.

EXO was waiting backstage. They would perform after you and Jimin. Chanyeol stood backstage, his gaze fixed on the screen, looking at what was happening on stage. "They are so good!" Chen mumbled next to him and he nodded in agreement. The rest of EXO soon joined them and followed the performance as well. "They're going to struggle with dating rumors..." D.O commented and they all chuckled. "Yup." "How can this be so hot and sweet at the same time?" Sehun looked at the screen, confused. "I don't have a clue." Suho breathed.

"Hey guys. What's the girl over there doing with the equipment?" Xiumin pointed over to a black haired girl, who was obviously a performer and not a staff member, messing with a few cables.

Shit. "Guys. That's Minha-" Chanyeol breathed before sprinting over to her, "Wait!" "Who the hell is Minha-" "Whattt?"

He grabbed her arms and yanked her away from the equipment. He looked at her, his eyes hard, questioning her what she was doing right there. She shook her head, saying that she wasn't doing anything. His eyes fell on the phone in her hand and his eyes widened. She tried to hide it but he quickly grabbed it, taking it from her. "You were going to project this weren't you?" he asked, voice cold, holding up her phone with the picture on it. A picture, as sharp as it could get, of you and Jimin kissing. She looked at him with wide eyes, trying to find an excuse. "You aren't supposed to be back here if you're not performing.", "What the hell! Give me back my phone!" she screeched in an angry voice. He deleted the picture on the phone, quickly checking if she had anything else before handing it back to her. "We're all in the same boat, we don't stab each other in the back." He still had a hand around her wrist. "Nobody likes traitors. I suggest you don't become one if you want to stay in this business. We idols have each other's back." his eyes were like daggers and she gulped, quickly walking away.

"Who is Minha?" Xiumin asked and Chanyeol sighed. "Someone who doesn't like Y/N at all. She was her rival. I just hope she doesn't have more in store..."

Back on stage:

One last step and your performance was done. You breathed heavily, your forehead resting against his, your lips parted, your eyes meeting his, communicating more than with a thousand words. At this moment, it felt like you were all alone. Just you and him, close, but not close enough. Your heart trembled in your chest as your gaze traveled over his face, taking in the sharp line that was his jaw, his plumb soft lips, his gentle eyes... All of his features that you knew so well as if they were your own...