Chapter 18: Highschool lovers

11 pm.

"Wait. So you guys are telling me that you have nearly the entire song down, but you don't have any lyrics?" Namjoon asked you in shock and looked at the both of you with wide eyes, shaking his head in disbelief.

He had spent the last hour on your song. You were all working hard, but you still didn't have any lyrics. He chuckled to himself as he replayed the melody, thinking of fittings song lyrics. "You guys do realize, that-" he paused, grinning, knowing exactly how his words would impact you both, "That this melody is obviously the melody of a love song right?"

 You halted abruptly in your movement, realizing what the rapper had just said, eyes darting up to him. Namjoon couldn't help but laugh. These two are all over each other, but they don't want to admit that deeper feelings are involved.

"Ehm," you stuttered, fidgeting with your fingers, not knowing what to do with yourself, "I'll be right back," you spluttered and darted out of the room. Namjoon looked after your hurriedly leaving figure, a teasing smile on his lips. These children, aish!

Silence filled the room as Namjoon averted his gaze to the silent black haired singer.

"Jimin-ah." 

Said male looked up at him, obviously looking troubled. "Be honest-" Namjoon could see his friend swallowing hard, anticipating his friend's words. "You have feelings for her don't you?". Jimin's gaze avoided him, his actions speaking for themselves. "Are you a couple or anything like that?"

"I definitely feel something for her-" Jimin said softly, his front teeth sinking into his lower lip as his eyes stayed on the floor. "But I can't put a name on it yet. It's still new," he answered slowly. "We're nothing official and I don't know if she would even want that. Plus there's the contract."

"But you do like her. A lot," Namjoon stated, analyzing his close friend's expression carefully, but Jimin couldn't answer anymore since you appeared again, an awkward smile on your face. 

"Sorry. I had to use the restroom," you excused yourself and sat back down, fiddling with your fingers as you didn't know what else to do. 

"Let's end this here for tonight. It's already late and we're not getting anywhere," Namjoon sighed tiredly, eyeing your two awkward figures out of the corner of his eyes. 

"I have a proposition for you," he added, a mischievous smile spreading on his face. "I'll write the lyrics for you," he smiled deviously, his voice as innocent as a child's. "Are you sure? You already helped us so much, I don't want to-" you started, looking at him with hopeful eyes but he interrupted you, "Yes, I'm sure," he chuckled before standing up, "Now let's go back to the apartment, I'm tired and we'll have to get up early tomorrow."

On the way home, Namjoon could see that the pair was walking with a big space between them, not daring to come close to the other. The atmosphere was still awkward and nobody talked the entire way, making Namjoon cringe internally. Aish! when are they going to admit their feelings? They act like high-schoolers.