26

Kidd pulled up in front of Mike's house. He grabbed his gun and walked up to the door. Mike opened the door and sighed "What?"

"I just came to talk" Kidd answered. Mike let him in and he sat on the couch.

"So talk"

"Ok I heard what you said about Jayla marrying me. I just to let you know I love Jayla more than life itself. I know I put her in danger, I even tried to leave her alone so she would be safe but I can't. I don't know what it is about her what I keep coming back and I can't let her go. You don't like me, I know that but don't take that out on her"

"And why not?" Mike asked. Kidd pulled out his wallet and inside was a picture of Jayla, pregnant, and smiling.

"She's 4 months pregnant. She doesn't need to be upset and stressing over shit cause it won't just hurt her. It'll hurt the baby also."

Mike stared at the picture and smiled. Jayla looked so happy in the picture, it looked as if she was glowing.

"Jayla found out what you said about not coming to the wedding or her funeral. She came home from looking for wedding dresses, crying. She asked me if you hated her that much to say something like that"

Mike sighed "I don't hate her. It's just I still see her as my little girl and think I have control over certain things in her life"

"Can I know why you don't like me?" Kidd asked, curiously.

"Kidd, I do like you as a person. But not with my daughter"

"Why?"

"Cause you remind me of myself when I was younger" Mike sighed "I was nothing but trouble. Jayla's mother and I were just like my and Jayla. Connected by the hip, deeply in love, everything. I was in the streets and it was worse then than it is now. Anyway, I'm the reason Jayla doesn't have a mother. I was so caught up in the streets, she was murdered by some people looking for me. Jayla was only 3 months."

Kidd didn't say a word. He was shocked. Jayla told him she never had a mother but she did. Her father is the reason she doesn't have one.

"I stayed around Jayla until she was 1. She looked so much like her mother, I just couldn't take it anymore. Every time I looked at Jayla, I saw my only true love. I was constantly reminded of what I did. Of my mistake that hurt so many people, including Jayla. So I left"

"Do you plan on telling Jayla?" Kidd asked.

"I can't" Mike shook his head "She will hate me for the rest of her life"

"No she won't. I know Jayla. She won't talk to you for awhile but that's only cause she'll be thinking about what you said. She'll come around and y'all will finally have a relationship. But if you looking to start fresh with her, without telling her, that won't work like you think it will"

"Ok, come on"

The whole ride to the house, Kidd kept thinking about how Jayla would react.

Mike kept thinking his life was in danger. If Jayla looked just like her mother, she acted just like her also and that was a scary thought.

"Jayla awake? " Kidd asked everyone in the living room.

"Yea. And she said can you get her another fruit salad" Rere said, sitting next to Jamarcus.

Kidd nodded and walked upstairs with Mike behind him "Babe"

"Where were you? I-" Jayla stopped when she saw Mike. "Why is he here?" she asked.

"I'll let y'all be alone. I'll get your fruit salad baby" Kidd said.

Mike sat on the foot of the bed and patted it for Jayla to sit also. She did.