Chapter 21: out of the question

Cedric and I went to father and asked him if we can do anything to help buckbeak. Once we arrived we sat down by his desk and we were literally negotiating with him.
"Father this is just Luscious Malfoy trying to prove to the minister that you should be fired can't you convince him that it's no used listening to him." I said to him.
"Can't my father talk to him with you as well?" Cedric asked.
"I'm afraid not Mr. Diggory. Luscious Malfoy has the minister hooked very tightly." Father said making me look at Cedric helplessly.
"What if we talked to him." I asked turning to my father.
"The minister won't listen to a 12 year old and a 15 year old about a matter like this." Dumbledore said.
"Yet he'd listen to a self-centered, spoiled brat like Draco Malfoy." Cedric said with a dark voice.
"Mr. Malfoy has his father as a shield Mr. Diggory I hoped you remember that." Dumbledore said. I stood up and started pacing the room.
"This is so unfair father. Buckbeak couldn't kill anyone. It's Draco's fault that both of us got killed and everyone in that class saw it." I complained to him.
"I agree with you Alexandra but as I said fudge is believing whatever luscious is saying. His mind is very convinced there is nothing any of us can do." Father concluded sadly.
"This is ridiculous." I said
"Alex I admire that you care about the creature and I'm sorry that it has come to this. Believe I'm trying anything that I can possibly think of." He said helplessly.
"Alex it's out of the question now." Cedric spoke up making both of us turn to him.
"Your father said it himself. Luscious Malfoy has the minister very hooked. It's almost like he placed him under the imperious curse. He won't listen to Dumbledore or my father. He's not going to listen to us that's for sure." He grumbled sitting in his chair.
"Cedric your not suggesting we give up." I said going to sit on the chair next to him.
"I'm afraid so Alex. It's out of our hands now." He said sadly.
"I know it's unfair and I'm sorry that it has come to this. But don't forget that happiness will come even in the darkest hour only if you remember to open the light." Father said making both Cedric and I look at him confused.
"What are you suggesting father?" I asked
"I'm sure you'll figure it out."