​Chapter 7: Buckbeak

Harry, Ron, and Hermione and I are still making our way to Hagrids hut to meet up for his class. My arm was still around Harry and his arm was still around mine. We made our way to the hut to see Malfoy and his pack of goons with him. When his eyes landed on Harry and me which made him glared at Harry. What's his problem? Where are Fred and George when you need them? I ignored him and waved at Blaise who waved back. Hagrid came out of his hut with his dog Fang behind him. When Fang saw me he ran and jumped on me causing me to stumble Harry to fall with me because we were in each other's arm. I fill managed to keep hold my balance and held Harry with me.

     "Hey Fang, how's my big boy doing?" I said scratching his head. He just licked my face causing me to giggle.

    "'Array, Alex can you watch Fang for me?" he asked.

    "Of course Hagrid," I said as Fang set his two legs back on the ground.

    Harry and I still had our arms around each other walk down behind Hagrid with Fang by my side.

    "I want you all to take out your books and go to page 150." Said Hagrid.

    "And exactly how do we do that?" asked Malfoy rather rudely.

    I know why he asked because the book literally eats you. It's a monster book, but still he didn't have to be so rude. 

    "You stroke the spine of course." Said Hagrid like it was the most obvious thing in the world.

    Malfoy just looked at him like he was a piece of garbage. As everyone was trying to open his or her books Hagrid went to bring us something.

     Poor Neville did an epic fail to open it and the book ate him. All the Slytherins gathered around him laughing. I couldn't take it anymore I gave Harry my book and went over to help Neville. I pushed through everyone and kicked the book off Neville and it flew through the air. Once it landed on the ground I stepped on it. It made a squishing sound and I knelt down to close it with its belt. The Slytherins faces were priceless. I picked up the book and gave Neville the book.

     "Stroke the spine first, stroke it." I reminded him. Malfoy and his goon plus Parkinson were still laughing. I ignored them and walked over to Harry.

     "I think they're really funny," Hermione said in a sarcastic tone.

     "Ohh really funny I'm surprised the ministry is letting us be taught by that big oath wait until my father hears about Dumbledore's letting that big oath teach classes." Sneered Malfoy as his goons laughed after his comment.

     "Shut up Malfoy." Said Harry approaching the group of Slytherins.

     "Ooooo!!!!" they ooed us. Malfoy gave his book bag to Crabbe and started to approach harry he then looked up frightened. He pointed up in the sky screaming.

     "D-d-dementor!!!! Dementor!!!!" We all looked up only to see nothing then I turn around to see Malfoy laughing. Them his goons and him lifted their hoods and started acting like dementors.

     I approached Harry and dragged him away from Malfoy as much as I can. All the Gryffindor's were following close behind.

     Then Hagrid came back with a Hippogriff. It's a half-bird half hours creature.

     "Hagrid, what is that?" asked Ron eyeing the creature.

     "That Ron is a Hippogriff," I answered Ron.

     "Correct Alexandra. Correct."

     "She thinks she's Ms. Smarty Pants." Sneered/ whispered pug face to a Slytherin girl next to her thinking I didn't hear her.

     "SHE can hear you." I spat turning towards her. Her face 50 shades of red as the whole class including Hagrid laughed.

     "Anyways the one thing you should know about hippogriffs is that their very proud creatures are very proud. You do not want to make the hippogriff mad." Hagrid announced.         

 The whole class stepped backward one step except Harry and me.

     "Now, when approaching a hippogriff you need to bow in order to show him respect. Do not blink they don't like that. Now..." Hagrid clapped his hands together. "Who wants to pet him?"

     The whole class stepped backward except Harry and me.

     "Well done Harry and Alex. Well done." Said Hagrid.

     Harry looked around and just realized we were in front of the class.

    "Harry, why don't you go first." Said Hagrid.

Harry didn't move so Ron and I pushed him. He slowly walked over to the big hippogriff. I sort of zoned out through what happened until everyone started clapping. I looked at Harry to see him petting Buckbeak.

"Well done Harry," I shouted while everyone was clapping.

"Now you can ride him," said Hagrid.

"What?" said a very frightened Harry.    

     Hagrid lifted a frightened Harry up telling what to do and what not to do while riding him. He then hit Buckbeak's and the next thing I knew harry was flying.

     The whole was looking at the direction Harry flew while I got bored and sat at some grass area with Fang's head leaning on my knee and I was petting him. I was enjoying the peace and quiet with the sun hitting me until I felt someone behind me.

  "Are you tired of Potter always getting the spotlight too." Snapped Malfoy from behind me.

"No I'm just tired of standing," I answered calmly.

I felt him sit next to me but I was too relaxed to care.

"Would I be bothering you if I sat here." He asked

I shook my head no.

"You really like it here, don't you?" he asked

"What do you mean?" I asked

"Hogwarts?" he stated

"Of course, this place is my home. I belong here." I said smiling at the meadow in front of me.

"What about the Weasley's" he asked

"They are my family and I do love them but I don't belong with their family I always will belong here," I said.

     He just smiled at me not smirk but smile at me. I felt something inside me tickling. I couldn't believe what's happening to me? I then felt his hand side with mine. I suddenly felt electricity. I felt sparks between our hands. This isn't happening. This is what Trewaleny meant. I pulled my hand away from his and looked up to see Harry making his way back. I got up and was about to go, Harry until Malfoy grabbed my wrist.

"Thank you." He said smiling

 "For what?" I asked,

"Talking to me without yelling." He said

    "Your welcome." I went over to Harry to find him talking to Hagrid and u didn't want to interrupt their deep conversation. I couldn't help but realize that Buckbeak was staring right at me. I then stepped forward not breaking eye contact. I bowed and him only to find his bow back right away. I walked to Buckbeak and started petting his beak.

     I then heard applause from behind me and Hagrid's voice came to the back round.
     "Well done Alex my may I say I am very impressed."
     I then saw Malfoy pushing through the crowd then walking towards the hippogriff with me still petting him.
     "Well, your not scary at all are you. You great big ugly bird." He sneered.
     Buckbeak must have gotten frightened because he lifted both his front legs and hit Malfoy straight in the arm. Malfoy fell straight in the ground clutching on his bad arm. When my eyes went back to Buckbeak who was still having a fit I felt something hard hit my shoulder only being realized that Buckbeak accidentally hit me in the shoulder. I let out a high pitch scream, which caused everyone to panic. I felt so dizzy as the pain hit my arm.  Harry kept calling my name but I couldn't answer from all the pain.
     Hagrid distracted Buckbeak then came to check one and Malfoy. Then everything went back.