Chapter Fifteen

"Six hundred fifty what?!" I growled looking down at my wallet.

I gave up, slipping seven hundreds out of my wallet.

"Under what name do you want to place it as?" The cashier asked.

"Kim Mina," I say, turning to my own phone and texting Hoseok.

jhoseok where are you right now?
jhoseok mina fell asleep in her room, namjoon and jin went to buy the cake. jimin, jungkook and i are at party city and yoongi is out buying a gift

ktaehyung i'm at mcdonalds, idrc abt her birthday rn

"Here you go, I'm sorry for the wait," she smiled sweetly, kindly handing me the bag.

"Earbuds and charger?" I asked, opening the bag and looking down at contents.

"Everything the iphone 8 includes," she stated.

"Thanks," I say awkwardly before walking out of the store.

I can't believe it took a whole hour just to program the phone. I sigh, entering the car slowly as I took the birthday card I had bought and began writing.

"This is so cheesy," I mutter, looking down at the card.

I regret writing this, but it's her birthday and I have to force myself to at least be some what nice to her.

I smiled a little, imagining her face once I give her the gift.

"Why the hell am I even smiling?" I scoff before turning the car on. "What the fuck why am I even talking to myself?!"

+

Kim Mina p.o.v.

"Holy—" I turn to the clock, five pm. "I've been sleeping all this time?!"

I scurry to my feet and rush to the bathroom, ready to brush my teeth and eat. I usually wake you at twelve, I have no idea why I would wake up so late.

+

I awkwardly smiled as everyone took pictures and gassed me up. I was still in shock, I didn't think they would've planned this birthday party.

Hoseok and Jungkook smiled as their phones flashed as they took endless pictures, Jimin had been telling me how old I'd been getting while Seokjin and Namjoon began cutting the cake and passing them around.

"Where's Yoongi and Taehyung?" Hoseok turned to the door, waiting for them to appear.

As if he were called, Yoongi appeared at the doorway with a box in hand.

"Happy birthday, shorty" he smiled, walking towards me.

"Thank you," I say calmly, trying not to seem awkward.

"This is for you," He smiled, extending his hand which held the little box.

I smiled, slowly grabbing it. I looked around the room, everyone staring at me which made me kind of nervous. Hoseok held his pose, phone in the air as he recorded with a smile.

+

Taehyung p.o.v

I waited by the doorway, glancing in casually. My hands in my pockets as the bag hung from my wrist as I slouched by the door.

Mina smiled, grabbing the oddly familiar box and opening it. Her eyes glittered as she revealed what was in the box, she was in awe as she shown off a sparkling necklace.

"You've got to be kidding me," I growl, looking down at the box in my hand. "It's the same fucking one"

It cost me sixty dollars I could've used for something else. Well at least I have the phone, right? Before Yoongi could give her anything else I dashed into the room, all eyes turning to me as I did so.

"Happy birthday," I mutter, abruptly giving her the bag where I hid the identical necklace in.

Mina smiled sweetly, her eyes shinning. I knew this would feel nice for her since I'm always treating her harshly, it definitely gives me an advantage to Yoongi.

"Thank you," she said, her voice laced with happiness.

"You're welcome," I smiled, and I knew it was the first time she'd seen me smile.

It was my first time smiling in a while too.